Chapter 4

*Matt's POV*

"You there?" Carter said from the other line. I don't know what to say. I mean, I don't want Lynn to get hurt, but I want her to be happy.

"Yup. What happened? It's Lynn isn't it?" I said hesitating.

After he told me the story, I just want to hang up. So, I just say, "You know me.. I'm not the best with girls. I don't really date that many people. If you're asking what I would do, I would just forget them both and be friends with them." Lynn punches my shoulder and I try not to laugh.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense. But anyways, thanks bro see you later."

"Yep." I say and tap the red 'end' button on my screen.

"Geeeezzz Espinosa. I get how bad you are with relationships, but you can't even help me through mine.. damn." She says and winks. We laugh, she was right..

"Well Daniels, no matter what happens you have me." I meant it, too.

"Thanks. It means a lot. Nooww, can you put in the movie? I'm way too lazy."

"Jesus Christ Daniels. Which one?"

"You're fave. The Vow, of course!"

"OMG YAS. Tatum Channing is so hawt." She laughs. I'd rather watch this one than any other Channing Tatum movie, though. Last time, she made me watch Magic Mike...

As I crawl next to her, under my blanket, I get a text.

From: Mom

How's everything going? I'm staying the night at Stacey's. So, if you need anything call me. I'll be home tomorrow I think. I love you 😘

This is perfect, I need some alone time with Lynn. So, I text back..

To: Mom

I'm just spending time with Lynn. See you tomorrow, then.

*Lynn's POV*

As Matt and I are laying in his bed cuddling, I realize he's right. Carter and I would be better as just friends. So, I took out my phone. I can feel Matt looking over my shoulder, now. I'm pretty sure that he will like to see this.

To:Catah

hey, I've been thinking.. maybe it's best if we're just friends. Ally is better off with you anyways. She likes you a lot😏

I can feel Matt smiling, as he pulls me closer to him. We're barely even watching the movie. So, I look at him and he looks down at me. His hazelish eyes are almost hypnotizing.

Now, he puts his other arm around me. So, we're hugging right now. He pulls me in, so I'm laying on top of him. Then, it happens, just like that. His soft and wet lips crash into mine. What's happening? Does my best friend LIKE me? There are a million and one thoughts in my head right now. But, I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. I can't even help falling asleep in his warm grasp.

*Ally POV*

I don't even want to wake up right now. How did I? I think I got a text or something. I check my phone, yep.

From: Carter Reynolds

hey. wanna hang out today, baby?

Well, that's weird. What about Lynn? Does this mean that he picked me over her? He likes me? WHAT?! I think that Lynn and I need some space for now, anyways.

To: Carter Reynolds

okay. be over in 10 :*