Chapter 3

*Lynn's POV*

Why did Ally just do that and then leave? Now Carter probably feels really bad. I wonder if he likes her back. He kind of liked me first though... I think. So, she can't just butt in like that.

"I'm so sorry about that." I tell him, as we stand in my driveway.

"It's not your fault! I just think that we need some time to think." He said.

"Yeah.. But, I just have one question."

"Anything baby." He said, sweetly. That's one of the many things that I love about him, he's so sweet.

"Do you like Ally?" I need to know this and if he does, I don't know what I will do with myself.

"I don't know right now. But, I've got to go." He starts walking towards his house.

What just happened...? I need someone to talk to about this right now. So, I get out my phone. As I tap on his contact and I hear ringing, I remember how much I miss him.

"Ayee, Daniels, you're back! Did you just get here? It's late." He picks up on the fourth ring or so. Yeah, we call each other by our last names.

"Nah, I got here at about 7. But I miss you Espinosa!" I say in the same tone as he was talking in. He sounded happy to hear I was back...good.

Matthew Espinosa is my legit best friend. Our parents have been friends since high school and Matt and I have been for as long as I can remember. He's always been here for me, no matter what. I can always talk and trust him with everything.

"I miss you too. Wanna come over? My mom's at some thing with her friends, so you can sleep over. Well, if you want."

"Of course," I smile. "I'll be there in probably 5 minuets."

Matt lives walking distance from my house. After I told my mom I'm going to Matt's, I packed some stuff: my toothbrush, hairbrush, my 'Rocket Volume' mascara, and a change of clothes all in my book bag. I put my sweatshirt back on. Then, I was on my way.

*Matt's POV*

I see headlights from my bedroom window. Lynn must be here. As I walk downstairs, I hear a knock. My dog Burnie barks. "Coming!" I yell. She could just walk in. When I open the door I don't know what to do. She got hot. What happened to the 'cute' Lynn?

"Hey." She smiles and gives me a hug.

"Um.. H-Hi." I stutter, accidentally. This has never happened before. I'm Matthew Espinosa, they lady's-man. I don't stutter.

"Am i allowed to come in, Espinosa?" She laughs. Her laugh makes me laugh. It's so cute.

"Yeah, of course Daniels." I smile and open and shut the door so she can come in.

"So, how you been? I miss you!" She pets Burnie.

"Uh, fine I guess. How about you? And yeah, I missed you, too." I sit on my black leather sofa.

"I was talking to Burnie." She laughs.

"Shut up." I say throwing my remote at her.

"Ahaha. But that's kinda why I came over. I knew that you're the one I can talk to."

"Yeah, anytime. Is it Carter?"

"And Ally..."

"What?!" Cater. Ally. WHAT. Ally's kind of weird, though. How is that even a hard decision to make? If I were him, hands down I would pick Lynn.

*Carter's POV*

This night is nothing but stress. What do I do? I've liked Lynn pretty much since I laid eyes on her. But, Ally and I have gotten really close this summer, when Lynn was gone. I don't want to lose both of them. I guess there's only one person I can trust and talk to about this..

*Lynn's POV*

"Let's watch something," I groan. "I'm bored." Matt's as weirded out with this whole Ally and Carter thing as I am, after I told him.

"Okay, you pick though." He says, then his phone goes off.

"It's Carter! What do I do? Should I answer?!" I laugh at him freaking out. I nod, well this should be interesting.

"Hey, sup man?" I hear Carter say to Matt.

"Nothing much. Just about to watch a movie. What about you?' He wasn't lying. But, Matt still looked confused.

"I need your help bro. You're the only one that I trust with this. I don't know what to do.."

Matt just sat there in silence like he doesn't know what to do. Why won't he just tell Carter who to pick? I can't tell what the hell Matt's thinking right now.