Chapter Twelve: Escape

Midna flinched as the sound of claws against the door and wood splintering became louder. "If we want to get out of here with our lives", Midna thought out loud, "I might need to warp us out of here."

"That sounds like a good idea", Fi replied.

"You might want to get back into your sword or whatever you do", Midna requested. "You know, just for safety precautions."

Fi nodded and without another word she disappeared back into the Master Sword. With a snap of her fingers, Midna opened a portal, took a deep breath and warped. All she could do know was prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

***

"What are we going to do now?" Link grumbled. Link and Zelda's situation was not getting better, but taking a turn for the worst. The monsters were starting to pick up on their sent and drew closer to their hiding place among the bushes.

Zelda stayed silent. Due to the sudden turn of events that had happened that night, she was left in shock. She wondered how could anything go so bad in such a little amount of time. It was hopeless. That is until someone interrupted her thoughts.

"I found you!" Someone whisper-shouted.

Link jumped a little and Zelda sighed in relief, "I've never been so happy to see you, Midna. I'm glad you're safe!"

"I could say the same, myself", Midna replied. "I had to warp here. To be honest, I thought I was going to warp into a mob of monsters."

"Do you know if everyone is okay?" Link asked.

"Who", Midna inquired, "The party guests?"

"Yes."

"I helped anyone I could escape", Midna explained. "The monsters didn't seem interested in them...I think their main goal was to take over the castle. I'm afraid they succeeded in doing so."

"What matters now is to find the Triforce of Power before Ganondorf does", Zelda stated. "When we do, we can set things right again."

"Permission to warp", Midna asked as she handed Link the Master Sword.

Link slung the Master Sword's sheath across his back, "Are we ready?"

"As ready as ever", Zelda nodded. With that Midna quickly opened a portal and warped.
___________________________________________________________________

Ganondorf walked through the abandoned throne room, only King Bulbin along with a few bulbins remained. The light and warmth was gone, along with the people there before. Tattered decorations hung from the pillars around the throne room. Ganondorf walked up the steps to the throne and took a seat.

"It's great to be back", Ganondorf chuckled to himself. "Hyrule is finally mine."

"Milord Ganondorf", King Bulbin approached the throne of Hyrule. "If I may be so bold, could I ask you a question?" Ganondorf studied Bulbin's face. In the monster's small eyes he could see the familiar fear that hid behind a once-proud king. It was no secret King Bulbin feared Ganondorf. This was the exact reason why King Bulbin only followed the "strongest" side, the side with the most power.