The Mess I Made

>>>Marinette's POV<<<

I never thought I would bring myself to do this . . . I said to myself as I stared at the at the once pale skin of my hands now coated in thick blood. I looked at the man in front of me, laying on the hard ground, motionless. My hands started to shake as I started to realize everything that I had done. I quickly dropped the knife on the hard, wet, concrete ground. The knife that I used to kill the man, the knife that now smelled metallic from the blood that was shed. I only did it out of self defense! I attempted to reason with myself. I tried to get up from the hard ground, but couldn't get up from shaking. "I-I killed a m-man . . ." I could barely fathom the fact that I killed him, the fact that he was alive and breathing just a minute ago . . . . 

>>>Flashback Third Person<<<  

Marinette waked back from the grocery store at night, the thick air giving her a weird vibe that something bad was going to happen. Being Ladybug for almost a year helped her notice when bad things are going to happen. Marinette kept walking home, trying to shake the feeling gnawing at her stomach. When Marinette heard footsteps sneaking up behind her. She started to walk faster, the grocery bags on her arms dangling from her arms. She felt the unknown persons hot breath on her neck as she was trying to escape. Marinette soon broke into a run, trying to outrun the man behind her. She turned around the corner into an alley way, thinking that she lost the man behind her. Boy was she wrong. She soon felt strong arms grip her shoulders and turn her around violently. "Wh-what do you want?" She managed to choke out. The unknown man looked at her with malice and lust in his brown gaze."I want you." He cooed. "Get away from me you pervert!" She screamed, and then slapped the man. "You will regret that, little girl." He said while holding a knife to her throat. The man tried to stab her with the knife, but Marinette dodged the blow with ease. "Seems that we have a feisty girl here~" The man glared at her, clearly mad that she dodged the blow. Instead of attempting to stab her again, the man kissed her passionately on the lips, the kiss sloppy. In the midst of the kiss, the man sliced Marinette's hip causing a deep cut. Marinette cried out in agony at the sudden gesture. Hot tears streamed down her face, as she tried to ignore the pain in her side. While the man pulled the knife away from her, Marinette took the knife swiftly from him and stabbed him in the abdomen, the knife sinking deeper in the unknown man's skin. The Man that was harassing her let out a loud scream and he took his last breath. The man then slid off the knife onto the ground, a stream of blood flowing out of his mouth that was now ajar. Marinette looked at the scene that unfolded in front of her, and stood on the wet ground, her face turning pale. She slid down the wall of the alley way putting her face in her now bloody hands and sobbing uncontrollably, unable to comprehend what she did.

>>>Flashback End<<<

 Hot tears streamed down my face as I finally started to notice the deep gash on my side, the blood now visible on my white shirt. I looked up and saw a familiar electric green gaze staring down at my vulnerable, shaking body. The eyes belonging to the one and only Chat Noir. "I'm assuming you saw e-everything . . . " I managed to choke out. "I did, but I don't blame you Princess." He said with his husky, loving voice. "How can you not blame me?! I killed an innocent person Chat! I will never  forgive myself! Now I'm going to live with this guilt for the rest of my life!" As she spoke those harsh words, blood continued to rush down her side from the deep gash. "Princess, let me carry you home. your side is gushing out blood!" His green gaze looked from her cyan blue eyes to the blood gushing out of her side. "C-Chat . . . I'm a murderer-" Marinette was cut off by Chat grabbing her into a loving hug. "You are anything but a murderer Marinette! Don't ever think of yourself like that. You did what you had to do out of self defense." He said while looking in her dull eyes. Marinette then pulled away from the hug. "You don't know what it's like Chat, to live with the guilt of killing someone! that man was alive and breathing just a minute ago! An-and I killed h-him." She added the last part silently, while tears were threatening to spill once again. "Actually, I do know what it is like to kill someone, and to live with the guilt . . . "

Heya my Cinnamon rolls!! This is my first Fanfiction I have made! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of Severed Ties. Sorry if its crappy so far. Again, this is my first time writing a fanfiction and I'm super excited to finally write one!

Lova ya Cinnamon Rolls!~

Author~Chan