Who Lives

>>>Chat's POV<<<

I woke up in my chair to find Marinette sleeping soundly on the couch. "God, she is beautiful" I muttered half to myself. All of a sudden, the bluenette's cerulean eyes fluttered open at the sound of my voice. I guess she realized I was staring at her because she immediately covered up her chest with her hands. "Where you staring at me all night Chat?! What the heck!" Marinette's face then flushed a deep red. "Not all night." At those words Marinette blushed a deeper crimson if that was even possible. After the awkward conversation, the bluenette tried to get up from the couch she was laying on, but with no avail while she winced at the pain coursing through her body. I rushed off my chair and to Marinette's side. "Princess, you probably shouldn't get up for a while, you are in a critical condition." I told her while laying her back down on the couch. After a few minutes, Marinette fell asleep again on the couch, moaning softly from the pain. It would be best if I could take her to a hospital, but it is too far from where we are and I don't want to risk having her hurt more than she already is. I then grabbed a nearby blanket and put it on Marinette, laying it down gently. I leaned in close to her cheek and placed a soft kiss on her porcelain skin. "Sleep well my princess."

<>

After a while, I decided to get some medical supplies for Marinette when she wakes up. I walked into the main room where the bluenette was sleeping soundly on the couch. At the sound of my footsteps, Marinette woke up with a jolt while looking around frantically. "It's okay princess, it's just me." I reassured her. The bluenette then looked towards me, while sighing in relief. I walked towards her, putting the medical supplies on the table next to her. "I got some bandages for you buginette." I joked. Marinette then pulled the blankets closer to her body, not wanting me to see her 97% naked. "Chat, I'm not letting you look at me more than 97% naked, let alone touch me." Marinette argued. "Princess, I want to help you get better! I puuurrr-omise I won't look anywhere else." I attempted to reassure her. "That pun does not make it better Chat." She glared at me. "Princess, just let me help you." I said while sitting next to her on the couch. When I sat down, Marinette scooted away from me. "Marinette, it pains me to see you in this condition." I started, staring into her beautiful cerulean orbs. "All I want is to help you feel better. If I don't help you now, your condition could get worse." I told the pig tailed girl. After a few moments of Marinette thinking about my request, she soon obliged. "F-fine . . ." She told me, worry evident in her gaze.

>>>Marinette's POV<<<

I felt Chat take the warm blanket off me, my bare body now exposed to the coldness of the cabin. Why did I agree to this?! I asked myself as I saw Chat grab the bandages and ointment. "This will hurt a bit." Chat told me after a few moments of him shuffling through the first aid stash. "I'll be fine." I reassured the black cat. I then felt Chat rub the ointment along my thigh. I winced at the sting along my left thigh. I blushed, feeling heat course through my cheeks to my ears and neck as Chat wrapped the gauze around my thigh, his fingertips lightly grazing the rim of my underwear in the process. "Y-you know, i-if you told m-me you w-were g-g-going to wr-wrap it there, I-I could have d-done it m-myself." I stuttered, blushing even redder than before. "You know very well that everything is better when I do it Puuuuurr-incess~" Chat cooed. You know what? Whatever. There is no point in arguing with this cat! If he wants something, he makes sure he gets it. But, oh well. I told myself. I felt a cold stinging pain in my right calf, which indicated that Chat rubbed more of the ointment on it and wrapped it in gauze. After a few minutes I was actually thankful for Chat's help. I'm really grateful for this cat helping me. I would never say that to his face, it would just go to his head. I laughed slightly to myself. But of all the people he could help, he helps me. Why me of all people? Why did he save me from that alleyway? Why did he care so much that I go to a safe place? When did I start getting noticed? When did I start being loved and noticed by someone?