Chapter 13.

"Hey babe, I just want to let you know that you mean a lot to me. I don't ever want to hurt you. You mean everything to me." Those words coming from Harry warmed my heart. I was never told those words until now. Ever since the day he asked me to be his girlfriend, I've been happy. He makes me happy and I hope I'm doing the same for him. That's all I want for Harry; is to be happy. That's what he deserves.

"You know you mean a lot to me right?" He said with a worried look.

"Well with the way you've been showing me, I'm pretty convinced that your feelings for me are true." I told him with a smile. Although I was pretty doubtful, I wasn't sure if he would cheat on me or if he's just playing with my feelings. Ah, these thoughts, they're killing me slowly. I want to ask him, but I'm frightened. I'm scared that he'll take it the wrong way. I don't want to give up on our relationship because we haven't given up on each other. Effort is what we put in, and that's all I need to be satisfied. I hope he trusts me with what he has on his mind. I question his actions, I question his attitude. What made him the way he is? Was it his family or past girlfriend that made him turn out to be closed up? He's confident, but I know better. He's scared. He's scared to be loved, he's scared that someone will leave him unexpectedly without a reason. I don't want to do that to him. But I'm also scared for what is to come in the future.

-----

I decided to go to the mall with Emma. I couldn't get her off my back, she would always text or call me to hangout but I never had time because I was always with Harry. I never have time for anyone. Only for Harry.

"So.. How's everything?"

"Everything's fine." I said with a small smile.

"That's good, I haven't seen you around school or anywhere, I thought you forgot about us." She looks pissed. Oh man, I'm going to get a big speech of how I'm never there for her.

"Why would I forget about us?" I asked with an attitude.

"Because, there's always that one best friend that leaves her sister behind and moves on with her life. It's bullshit, the one time I need you to be here for me, you leave me behind to be with someone who doesn't even care for you."

Wait what?

"Excuse me? You have no right to tell me that I've never been there for you. When your parents divorced, who was there? When you broke up with Nathan, who was there? Exactly, me. I was always there. You can't say that I never wasn't. And please don't say anything about Harry, you don't even know him. You know nothing about him and I. You can't say anything about our relationship if you've never been around us. If anything you're bullshit."

She looked dumbfounded at my words. I've never been this mean to her, this is the first time that I've ever been completely honest with her and I took my chance.

"You know what?! I'm tired of it Alex. You're nothing anyways. You will never be anything without me."

"You can go fuck yourself Emma."

I stormed off without looking back at what I just left. Our friendship, memories, our love, and our childhood.

I sat on the bench in the middle of the mall, crying. I wanted someone to ask if I was okay, I would've called Harry but I was scared to do so. I was afraid of bothering him with my problems.

"Hey, is everything okay?" A deep husky voice asked.

I looked up to see a familiar face. A boy with light brown eyes and wavy brown hair. His tall figure standing over me, I was surprised. It was Christian.

"Uh. Uhm, yeah I'm fine. It's nothing."

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you alone.."

"No it's fine really, my boyfriend should be coming actually.." He looked surprised.

"Oh, okay. Well do you want me to wait here with you until he comes?"

I didn't want to be near him. When I saw Christian it reminded me of my terrible past. I want to put that behind me but my past comes back to haunt me.

"Sure."

"Okay, that's great."

"So how's life?" He asked.

"It's getting better, how about you?"

"Well not so good. I have been thinking about my past a lot and I always think of you. You're always on my mind. And I know it may seem strange but I can't stop thinking of you and everything that we had. It's strange but I just want to talk things out."

No, I will not go back with this cheating bastard. I will not fall into his trap again, I've done it once and I'm not looking forward to doing it again. I'm happy with Harry, and I want to make this work. Fuck, the one time I'm happy, something always has to come and fuck it up.

"I- I don't know. I don't think we can talk this out. I don't even know how I'm even speaking face-to-face with you right now."

"Alex, please. Don't shut me out. Give me a chance. I want you to forgive me and we can go back to a fresh start."

"I don't want to forgive you."

I walked away from him. What else is going to come? This is the worst day ever.