Chapter 14

*Ali POV*

I got to Starbucks before Harry and I started taking out all our books.

As soon as I ordered my Iced Vanilla Latte, Doug came up to me.

"Why don't we continue what we started at the party?" He had a wicked smirk on his face.

"Leave me alone." I didn't look at him, just kept reading.

He sat down right next to me and started getting closer to me.

He got pulled up by string hands.

"She said leave her alone!" A furious Brent stood there.

Doug tried to punch Brent but Brent was much stronger and quicker and caught his fist. He started twisting his arm.

Doing screamed out in pain.

Brent grabbed my arm and took me outside.

"We're going home." I listened to him.

*Harry POV*

I went to Starbucks and saw Ali's books but no Ali. I didn't see her pickup truck either. I drove to her house.

I knocked on the door hoping Lark or her parents didn't answer. But as much as I didn't want them to be at her house I saw someone I never wanted to see near Ali. Brent.

Doesn't he understand Ali doesn't love him? She might not love me but at least she likes me enough to date me. He has known her for years and somehow she wound up with me. Ha.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me rudely.

"What are you doing here?" I replied equally as rude.

He just walked into the house and I followed him to see Ali sitting on the couch in Brent's jacket eating soup.

I angered me to see her wearing his jacket.

"Doug wouldn't leave me alone at Starbucks and Brent was there so he kind of overreacted but I'm glad he was there." She smiled up at him.

"You should have called me." I said.

"Why? It wasn't a big deal. I can handle myself." She was getting pissed so I backed off.

Wait! Ali didn't tell anyone about our relationship. What if Brent thought he had a bigger chance than me? He probably does. He just doesn't have big enough balls to ask her to be his girlfriend.