PART SEVEN: ABBY (Section 2)

• Dedicated kay Natashia Ellai A. Ambalong

PART SEVEN - Section 2

Abby

"Ikakasal na ako, Lynche," he said as they ate on a fine restaurant months after her graduation. 

She put her utensils down. "Does it mean, you're proposing to me?" Happiness filled her. Marriage. It was the most fulfilling thing in the world. Being one with the man you love--

Chase's eyes widened. He wiped his mouth. "No, Lynche. I'm breaking up with you." She was shocked. Breaking up? She thought that they were meant for each other. 

"W-why?" She felt her voice cracking up. She reached for the wineglass and choked the contents up.

He is having an affair with somebody else, Abby, the other side of her mind stated.

"I've impregnated someone. Nais ng mga magulang namin na ikasal kami." Of course. She wasn't dumb. His parents never liked her, never ever ever ever approved their relationship.

She raised an eyebrow. "You were cheating on me," she said in a matter of fact. She kept her voice low; afraid it would burst out anytime. 

"She seduced me!" he exaggerated. She stood up. "Lynche, I love you and I wanna run away with you."

Another broken family? "No," she said coldly. "Marry that girl. We're over. You're breaking up with me, anyway. Do the right thing." She walked away, tears started falling. 

How could he do this? Even if he really loved her, how can he let a whore seduce him?

She knew he wasn't worth the tears.

But she couldn't stop them from falling.

And now, he came back asking for forgiveness? Fuck him. She wasn't dumb. She’s not a nurse to be fooled easily. 

"His child didn't make it," Mitzi informed. The child died a few minutes after delivery. She was in the middle of wearing her pearl earrings, preparing for another date.

That confused her. What the hell did she want to say? "So?" She raised one eyebrow, applying final touches on her face. 

Mitzi rolled her eyes, the gesture she did when she found something dumb. "I’m just telling. Thought you wanted to know." She sat at the couch, cross-legged, sipping her cocktail drink. 

"I'm not going back to him," she said bitterly. "I don't commit to married men."

"I didn't say anything. Duh." She turned around, eyeing her companion suspiciously. "Okay--" Mitzi sighed. "I just thought you're still crazy for him." She put the glass down and raised the hands up.