Question About Queer?

Queer.

To some people it may be a bit difficult to understand or a little complicated to explain. Sometimes, the "Q" is left out of LGBTQ because some people think it is a negative term. It's understandable! I know the word can be linked to a lot of pain and people would rather it not be acknowledged. On the other hand, people like taking words that are known to be oppressive and flip them over to change it into something beautiful. There ARE people who identify as queer and deserve to be validated even if some people disagree with the use of the term.

Overall, if a person is queer they are most likely exploring their gender and sexuality-- Meaning they do not have a set label such as straight, gay, bisexual, transgender...

They are just queer.
Maybe they don't feel like they belong to a certain gender, maybe they don't know who they are attracted to..
Maybe they just don't WANT to be labeled. Or maybe they are open to liking different genders in the future.

Queer can mean something different to everybody.

It overlaps a lot with a bunch of things, and it's really up for the person to decide if they want to be identified as queer or not. Do not tell somebody they are not queer if they choose to identify as queer. You'll look dumb.