Chapter 3: Bonds

Naudia

This morning I woke up to the smell of bacon and floated down the stairs. I had been staying at Trey’s house every weekend for over a month now. Jade covered for me and told Christian I was staying at her house; he has yet to suspect anything. What a friend right? I found him standing in front of the stove in nothing but sweatpants. I stood in the doorway and admired his chiseled chest. Thinking he couldn’t see me I bit my lip and crossed my legs. He was so damn fine and I wish that dream I had was true.

“Are you going to stare at me or come over and say good morning?” He said, never turning to look at me.

“Good morning.” I said walking over to him. He kissed my forehead, making the blood rush to my cheeks. He smiled as he handed me my plate of food and led me into the living room.

“You aren’t trying to kill me are you?” I asked skeptically looking at the food on my fork.

“If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn’t have to do it by poisoning you.” He replied in a serious tone. I glanced over at him and he was just eating like what he said wasn’t alarming. I continued to eat as we watched Saturday morning cartoons. Soon a tall figure appeared in the living room rubbing his eyes. He stood next to the couch and started looking between Trey and I. His face was very similar to Treys yet so innocent, and his demeanor was calm. We sat looking at each other for a few minutes till I saw his brows furrow and his demeanor become dark. He looked down at Trey eating like he wasn’t there.

“Nigga, who is this broad and where is my plate?” He said. There goes the innocence and calm demeanor.

“Watch your mouth Ty. Your plate is on the counter, and this is Naudia. Naudia, this is my twin brother Ty.” Trey replied shooting him an evil glare.

“Naudia who?”

“Naudia me, you got a question you ask. Don’t act like I’m not sitting here and can hear every word you saying.” I said looking up at him. Both sets of eyes turned to look at me shocked.

“Little mama you got a mouth on you. A female has never stepped to me like that. So for that sentence you got my respect. But, my brother doesn’t take well to females with smart mouths. So if you plan on sticking around I advise you to keep that shit at a minimum.” Ty said.

“She knows better than to talk to me like that. If she doesn’t, she will find out.” Trey replied.

“And if she doesn’t?” I said putting my empty plate on the coffee table in front of me.

“Then she gets cut. Plain and simple.” Trey replied looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen. As I was washing off my plate I looked at the time on the stove and saw that I was late for work. I had managed to get a job as an assistant to well paid fashion designer downtown. I started off as an intern one summer and she liked me so much that she kept me around. I worked Sundays and after school if she needed me during the week. I couldn’t lose my job because sometimes it’s not what you know, but who you know. I could be the illest fashion designer to walk the earth, but unless I knew the right people I would never become famous. I rushed upstairs and started to put on my dress from the club. Trey had walked in and looked at me confused.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“I have to go to work. I’m already late. Shit!” I said. The seam attached to my zipper ripped and now there was a big hole in it. I groaned in frustration and started trying to think about what I could do.

“Baby, calm down. I got you, just put on a pair of my shorts and wife beater. Then meet me downstairs when you are ready ok?” He said picking up his keys.