Chapter 5: Suspension

Trey

I can't sleep and I have no idea why. Every time I would drift off, I would get this funny feeling that something wasn't right and pop back up. I looked over at Nadia who was curled around her pillow sleeping soundly. She was the peace in the life I lived, my light when I was surrounded by darkness. But as always, in my life, peace doesn't last very long. I got out of bed and quietly walked down to the basement. It served as a man cave and my in home office. Feeling the plush red carpet under my feet, I made my way over to my trophy case. Before I got into the business, I was a star athlete. I had championship trophies, awards, and the whole nine. My favorite though, was my crystal globe. It was the size of a basketball and had my name written fancily across most of the continents. To me it symbolized exactly what I planned on doing in the future, going worldwide. I slid it an inch to the left and watched as the trophy case separated from the wall like a door.

Inside was a bunker like room. It had computers, security monitors, beds, and food just in case things were to get that serious. I sat in front of the monitors and started flipping through the security cameras. I checked on Naudia first, still asleep. I then went through the kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, and front porch. When I got to the back porch I saw someone in a black hoodie crouched down at the door knob.

"I know somebody don't have the nerve to break into my house." I said to myself getting up and opening one of the cabinets. Inside was my artillery. I grabbed Linda my sniper rifle, and made my way to Ty's balcony which had a clear shot of the back door.

I sent off a shot to his ass and saw him jump. After seeing him dodging I knew he was skilled and had to step up my game. I started sending more shots until I heard a loud voice.

"Motherfu--! Trey! Chill out!" He yelled peeking from around the shed, where he had hid.

"Ty?" I said, jumping down from the balcony, it wasn't that high up.

"Yes! What are you shooting at me for?"

"Why you picking locks like you don't have a key fool?!"

"Are you done shooting at me? Can I come from behind the shed now?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Alright man, I'm going to start shooting back."

"Get out here fool."

He came out to me and I saw where I had grazed his skin a couple of times. I smirked at my god aim.

"Don't be smiling nigga, you know how much that hurt."

"You're alive aren't you? Regardless of the fact you shouldn't be walking around like a burglar!"

"Boy I don't have to steal from my own house!"

"What are you picking locks for then?"

"I left my key at ol girl house and you know I wasn't going back for it. I figured you would be sleep so I was going to let myself in like always."

I shook my head and let us both into the house. This nigga was crazy.

"Be quiet, Na sleep." I whispered to him as I carefully shut the door behind me.

"After all the shooting you was doing I'm surprised she hasn't run off."

I shook my head once again and walked with him to the stairs. Next thing I know a black figure jumps out the kitchen doorway and starts attacking me and Ty.

"What the hell?!" I said.

After a tussle Ty had the figure pinned to the floor and I went and turned on the light. I pointed my gun at the figure.