Chapter 7: Shots fired

Naudia

“Open the door Trey!” I yelled as I banged on the door.

It was the morning after our big fight and he had locked my car keys in there with him. I wouldn’t still be here if he hadn’t. I knew he was awake because the louder I knocked, the louder the TV would get. But the TV could get but so loud and I knew my knocking would still be heard. After about 10 more minutes the door finally swung open.

“Why are you banging on my door?” He said calmly, but his eyes still had the fire I witnessed yesterday.

“You are holding my clothes and my car keys hostage.” I replied trying to push past him. He pushed me back and stayed blocking the doorway.

“What do you need those for?”

“I’m not sitting downstairs while you sit up here ignoring me. Besides, I have things I have to do.”

“What things?”

“THINGS.”

“Those THINGS, aren’t getting done unless I know what they are.”

“I don’t have to tell you everything Trey.”

“Oh well.”

With that he slammed the door closed. I tried to push it open, but he was stronger than me. I screamed before going back downstairs to my phone.

To Big Brother: Christian :(

 To Baby Sis: Yes

To Big Brother: Can you come get me from Trey’s?

To Baby Sis: Where’s your car?

To Big Brother: I can’t find my keys, and Trey isn’t here.

To Baby Sis: Omw

I don’t like lying to my brother, but if he found about last night I’m sure he would want Trey’s head. So this little white lie wouldn’t hurt anyone, would it? I was standing at the door patiently waiting for Christian to pull up when Trey decided to emerge from his fortress of solitude.

“What are you doing?” He said.

I ignored him.

“Naudia. I know you hear me.”

Again, I ignored him.

“Naudia!”

He started coming toward me but before he could reach my side I was out the door. Christian had pulled up and I know Trey wouldn’t come after me once he saw Christians truck. He wasn’t stupid.

“Hey sis, where do you need to go?” He said pulling off onto the road.

“Home, then I’ll probably head to the diner, then the park.”

“Alright, if you want you can drive my Mercedes.”

“Realy?! You never let me drive.”

“Well, I don’t have time to be playing taxi with you today. I have business to handle.”

“Thanks Christian.”

“So am I going to have to ask or are you going to tell me?”

“Tell you what?”

“You know what Naudia. Tell me why you threw those drinks last night?”

“How--”

“Don’t worry about it, get to talking.”

I proceeded to tell him the Christian friendly version of the story, specifically leaving out the part that happened after dinner.

“What did I tell you about your game face? You and Jade are best friends--”