Chapter 10: Reconnect

Naudia

When I walked into the party it was already live and it had just started. I felt like my ass was hanging out of the shorts to my costume but Jade swore it wasn't. I was nervous but also I was indifferent about seeing Trey again. Seeing my mother made some of the ice return to my heart. Christian had been calling my phone but I didn't want to hear anything he had to say. I really wanted the affection of my man but that was going to have to be earned.

Jade pulled me over to the bar and got us a couple shots. Her mask hid her facial features but I still think Tyrik will know it's her if he sees her. I tried to convince her to stay home before we left but she wouldn't listen. I was afraid that I'd be putting her in the ground if she didn't stop putting herself in these situations.

I felt eyes on me as I threw the shots back and automatically knew who they belonged to. I looked over my shoulder and saw Chad standing in the shadows with Antonio by his side. He smiled and raised his glass. I smiled and turned my attention back to Jade who looked at me with a scowl on her face.

"What?" I asked her.

"Isn't he the reason you are in this mess anyway? Stop smiling at him before Trey sees and y'all never get back together."

"I hear you Jade. Where is Trey anyway?"

"Up there looking over the balcony, he got a superman shirt on."

"Damn did you scope the place for my man?"

"No, I scoped for Ty and happen to find him instead. You might want to head his way though, seeing that a girl is making her move on him as we speak."

I looked over and saw a girl dressed as a playboy bunny in Trey face. I left Jade at the bar and walked over to where they stood. In the process I "accidently" bumped into her causing her drink to fly all over her.

"Oops, my bad. The bathroom is down the hall to the left. I'll keep him company while you go clean up." I said with a smirk before turning to Trey.

"That was uncalled for." He said glaring at me.

"She shouldn't have been in your face. But I didn't come over here for this--"

"Yes you did. I saw you sitting there with Jade. I also saw you smile at somebody. Who was it Naudia?"

"Baby listen, I'm sorry alright."

"I don't want to hear it. Who were you smiling at?"

"Just a girl friend from school."

"Yeah whatever you say."

He turned his attention back to the crowd and my blood start to boil. How could he just blow me off like that? I'll be damned.

I entangled my fingers in his hair and pulled him down the hall to a room. Inside was a couple making out.

"Get out!" I yelled and they hurried off. I shut the door just as he got free from my grasp.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Trey yelled.

"Shut up." I said pushing him down onto the bed. He tried getting up but I pushed him onto his back and climbed on top of him.

I slipped the hand cuffs from out my back pocket and put my chest in his face to blind his vision. I hurried up and cuffed one of his hands above his head to the bed post before sitting up.

"What the fuck Naudia?" He said pulling at his confinements.

"Are you going to listen to me or am I going to have to cuff your other hand."