Chapter 13 Chocolate Covered Crazy Night

Author note: This is the last chapter of "Powder Puff". I'm thinking of writing "Powder Puff Goes Camping" I really love Powder Puff she is fun to write about.  I think I may have chapter 1 ready by saturday ! 

I opened the door to let my parents in. I looked to see where Powder Puff was. I didn’t want her dive bombing my Mom's chocolate fudge cake. That would be a fiasco. I didn’t see Powder Puff, so that’s good, I hoped. Mom walked in, Dad was right behind her carrying a cooler full of his famous root beer. I lead my parents to the table. I saw Powder Puff sitting on the table. I immediately felt frustrated.

“Down.” I commanded.

Powder Puff jumped down and zoomed off to another room. 

“What a cute kitty!” Mom giggled, setting her cake down on the table.

“So that’s the viral kitty huh.” Dad laughed.

“That’s her, she is a cutie.” I smiled.

“Give me a hug.” Mom cried.

I gave her a big hug, it felt nice. My Mom was really my favorite person. Even though she thinks I’m immature. 

“What about ole Dad.” he smiled.

I gave him a big hug. He hugged me tight, It was hard to breath. Dad liked squeezing me to death. A few of our friends from high school showed up. Tina and Britney. I chatted with them a while. They always had something crazy going on. They always made me laugh.

“Hope you don’t mind I invited them to surprise you.” Stephanie told me.

“No its nice.” 

“Lets get some music up in here.” Mark said.

We used my laptop, and put on some pop music from the nineties. something old but not freaky old. 

“I love your apartment.” Mom told me.

“Thanks Mom.” 

“Were proud of you.” Mom almost cried.

“For what?” I felt lost.

“You haven’t asked us for anything since you moved. You got yourself in college all alone. And you’ve been doing good at work.” Mom smiled.

“Thanks Mom it means a lot.” 

 My Mom and I hugged again. Dad walked up and hugged me too.

“Doing good kid.” Dad smiled.

I guess I am doing pretty good. I felt really great that my parents were happy. Then it occurred to me that I had no idea where Powder Puff was. Mom put the chocolate fudge cake on the table. I was hanging out with everyone having fun, and totally forgot about the cake. 

“Mom the cake!” 

“Don’t worry about the cake right now sweetheart, just enjoy your guest.” 

“No Mom you don’t understand!” 

“It’s on the table, everything is fine.” Mom tried to reassure me.

I looked on the table and saw the cake. Powder Puff was on the edge of the counter staring at it. She was getting ready to pounce. 

“NOooo!” I screamed.

To late!! Powder Puff dived into that delicious chocolate fudge cake. Cake debris flew all over Tina and Britney who were closest to the table. I was horrified. I looked at Stephanie, she looked like she was going to cry. I was so embarrassed. Poor Tina and Britney. They thought it was hilarious. Powder Puff was inside the middle of the cake, tearing into it, eating like a piranha.