Chapter 26: Back To School

"Julian! You're leaving now! Come on!" Arabella tugged at his arm. 

"Yeah... I'm coming." He stood up and made his way to the door. "It feels great to be going... but... I don't want to leave Lizzy here."

"Neither do I, but she is doing great. And we can visit her whenever we like - Beauty and The Beast told us! Well, during breaks anyway. The hospital is just down in the town!"

"I guess you're right. OK, let's go." Arabella and Julian walked towards the school. "Arabella, do you remember our first term here?"

She blushed. "Yes, I do. Oh, what a spoilt brat I was!"

Julian grinned. "You were awful. You absolutely hated everyone!"

"You were mean to hold your nose up at me," she argued, smiling. 

"You broke the rules, though. You bought a whole book!" 

"That's something I'm not proud of," Arabella said, biting her lip. "I'm awfully sorry."

"Well, anyway. You're better now. Oh, look, we're here. And almost time for the weekly meeting too, isn't it?"

"That's right." She walked inside. 

"Whyteleafe! How I missed you!" Julian said. "I say, Ara, do you want to ride one of the ponies?"

"Yep! That'd be fun." 

They saddled the horses and rode along. "Caramel, move!" Julian told his mare. "Let's ride over there."

Arabella nodded and followed him slowly on her gelding, Dart. "Come on, Dart. I don't know why that's your name. You're awfully slow."