Rematch (b)

"Sungmi! Tell me what happened!" Dr. Jooheon barged inside Sungmi's office with anger on his face. His breathing was heavy but he couldn't find anybody inside. Sungmi's neat table and chair were clean and spotless, only some scattered papers of her works laid on the table and some on her chair.

Dr. Jooheon inhaled deep to control his emotion. His head was pulsating; the effect of long nights without sleep and coffee and stress had taken a toll on him.

Dr. Jooheon found useless of being angry to an empty room so he pulled his hair in exasperation and slumped on Sungmi's chair. It didn't take long before he sobbed quietly on the chair.

The clock kept on ticking, the room was quiet with a desperate sob filled the room.

***

The Beast groaned through his pain. The wound he had on his bladder that was caused by The Master's bullet was excruciating, sending stinging pain that shot to his entire body. But he was a fighter and he would keep himself as one, endured being in pain and death.

He tried to get up from a seemingly solid bed but without a mattress. A hard surface of a metal, cold and didn't give him any single comfort as an injured person should be.

He never asked for special treatment, but here lying in the damp and dark room on a metal bed with an uncertain future that laid within The Master's hands, he felt a slight fear.

For once in his life.

Not fear of death for himself but for Kihyun. Suddenly the word of death had become his worst nightmare and enemy. If he was dead, who would protect Kihyun? But if Kihyun's dead, he would rather be with him too. He couldn't choose one, he might not realize it but he had devoted his life to a man named Yoo Kihyun.

He lied again after a few futile attempts to get up. His head was banging loudly and his wound was much worse. It was a miracle too he didn't die.

But why didn't he die already?

The Beast breathed heavily. He suddenly remembered how The Master would treat his fighters if any one of them had lost in a match. There was a 'special treatment' for them.

The Beast closed his eyes and waited for that treatment. Only the breathing of his raging breath and his beating heart that were resounding throughout the room and much deeper into his heart.

He knew his fate.

***

Changkyun knew he wasn't hallucinating now. The crisp of autumn wind hit his naked arms and he shivered for the sight. It wasn't because of the wind or the afternoon view.

It's the silhouette of the familiar figure, the one he associated with his personal sensuous science session and sin. The muscular figure of a dangerous and brilliant man who had embedded in Changkyun's memory rose up to surface with each of Changkyun's breath.

Time seemed to stop and freeze. It's not like the first time Changkyun saw him again after what happened, the fact that Changkyun still went there with Jooheon, but never he was alone by himself facing this man.

There's a slight of fear and hurt. It was hammering in his chest and mind, asking him to move his legs and leave the place in an instant.

Then there was this small little feeling, deep down in Changkyun's heart, free from all the hurt and impurity, a part of his heart that wanted to stay.

To stay and reach for the man in front of him.

Changkyun was torn between his feeling and his logic mind. He was about to leave when Wonho spoke, voice filled with sadness and softness like a child losing his mother, " Please don't go."