Bloody Warrior (b)

Dr. Jooheon watched in frustration when the machine showed no response, even after he spent almost five days working on the Lab. The staffs were watching in worry. They were whispering to one and another. The gesture of innocence itself drove Dr.Jooheon in anger and depression. He furiously scattered files and vials on the table; breaking experiment glasses and some equipment.

One of the staff braced herself and came knocking the door first, "Doctor? Are you alright? Do you need some help?" she asked.

Dr. Jooheon stared at her; eyes bloodshot red with a black shade under them as the clear sign of how many days he spent without sleeping. "There's nothing that you can't help, Sungmi! No one can help! This fucking drug!" Dr. Jooheon threw one vial with blue liquid content inside to the floor. The vial broke in pieces; spilled the liquid inside to the floor, creating a blotch of blue liquid.

Sungmi, one of the Lab staff was quiet. She heard from staffs how obsessed Dr. Jooheon was about the rare blue delphinium flower and about his tragic lover that was lying down in the same building with life depended only to the equipment itself. The doctor had dedicated his life to find a cure to his lover's illness; and adding to his virtue, he would use this also to cure other deadly illness. "Doctor, I also have my post-degree in pharmaceutical and biochemistry. I will be glad to help you with all that I know. If you allow me so the burden you have will be lessened a bit." she said firmly.

Jooheon took a deep breath. "It's just that I—I even to the point of giving up, Sungmi. I don't know what to do. I've tried almost everything!" Jooheon rubbed his temples in frustration.

Sungmi walked closer to Jooheon and gently sat in front of Jooheon. "Then let's redo it again. Starting again from point zero. With a fresh mind, we might find the answer."

Jooheon stared to Sungmi with an unreadable look. He suddenly felt touched. He nodded and said, "One last attempt, Sungmi. Let's do it. You and me."

***

Kihyun walked after The Master's men drop him off two blocks far from his shelter. He purposely asked to be dropped off far from his shelter so that Changkyun did not ask any question about it. He got off and walked with a heavy heart. Today's match was great with Hyunwoo's victory. Although he got broken rib and open wounds on his temples, lips, and hands. Hyunwoo once again won the match.

Kihyun remembered watching the match in agony and chanted Hyunwoo's name during the match. When Hyunwoo had finished the match, his eyes would follow the medical team and Hyunwoo with his teary eyes. He went back home without being allowed to see Hyunwoo that night.

Kihyun sighed. He walked faster to his shelter but his legs were stopped when he saw Changkyun from afar; walking fast to another direction of their shelter. Kihyun froze.

He didn't remember any of Changkyun's friends. Did he even have one? Kihyun asked to himself and without further thinking, he followed Changkyun.

They passed through buildings and more buildings. On the corner of railways, Changkyun turned left. Kihyun was curious. He was a bit afraid and feeling guilty of not paying enough attention to Changkyun. He didn't even know Changkyun's friends or activities. He could do some dangerous activities and Kihyun had no clue.

Clenching his fist, Kihyun was determined to follow him and made sure he kept the distance well. When he saw Changkyun entered abandoned building, his heart beat so fast. There had to be something going on here. He fastened his walk and when he got inside, he saw Changkyun was talking to someone. The man was muscular but with almost the same height as Changkyun; he was taller and older with a nice smile and silver hair and blue on the tips of the hair. He smiled and whispered something in Changkyun's ears and they both disappeared inside the sliding door that no one would realize it's there because of the moss. Kihyun breathed heavily. Changkyun was clearly seeing someone. There's a bit worry inside. Who is the guy and what is his intention? Kihyun asked himself many times and gave up to his thoughts. He would ask Changkyun by himself.