Embers Die Out

Jon

Flying was something he could have never anticipated. He clung to Daenerys like she was his lifeline. As they shredded the air around them his grip tightened to the point of him fearing he would crush her small ribs.

When they landed, she had helped him down the back of her favorited child. Tyrion met with the small crowd of people gathered at the shoreline, and then it was Daenerys and Jon.

She brushed herself off. "Are you alright?"

He grimaced. "I don't think I'll ever be able to answer that."

She nodded in an understanding nature. "Come, Jon."

Together they walked shoulder-to-shoulder. Jon noticed how close their hands were, their arms, her waist to his legs. A tall girl with dark skin and beautiful features ran up to the dragon queen, swallowing her in a hug.

"I was so worried," Jon heard the girl say.

Daenerys reassured the girl, calling her Missandei. Then, she turned to Jon.

"This is Jon Snow." Her voice boomed over all the small chatter, silencing everyone around them. "Jon?"

Jon glanced at her, his face heating up. "Er, hello." He looked back at Daenerys, a small small on her lips. He continued to introduce himself, but he could see her harden at the mention of him being king of the north.

When everything was done they all began to walk the sand up to the castle. It towered higher than anything Jon had ever seen. He noticed Drogon had joined two slightly smaller dragons in the sky, and he couldn't help but let his amazement show. Daenerys led the way in the front, frequently chatting with Missandei while Jon watched them interact. He had never seen Daenerys so friendly before. It was obvious she truly cared for her friend and that was very hopeful for Jon.

The women suddenly turned to him, then Daenerys looked away as Missandei continued to glance at him. She nudged Dany, and Jon could almost swear he saw color rise in her cheeks as she shushed Missandei.

Missandei, Tyrion, and Varys led a small tour for Jon. Daenerys had excused herself to bathe and change, and Jon was almost sad to see her go.

~~~~~~

"And here is where you shall sleep," Missandei declared, showing Jon into a medium sized chamber with an enormous bed and floor to ceiling windows. It was more extravagant than anything he had witnessed before. He gawked at the linens, the stone light fixtures and the amazing carve work on the bed frame.

"Is it alright?" Missandei innocently questioned.

"Erm yeah, thank you Missandei." Jon grunted, trying to remain calm and collected.

She laughed. "The queen did tell me you were quite unusual."

Jon stopped. "What? She did?"

She laughed again. "Sleep, Jon Snow. Or at least try to." And with that she left his quarters.

Jon huffed and sprawled out on the bed. It was much softer than any he had known in Winterfell or at The Wall. He thought of what Missandei said, about Daenerys thinking him odd. He fell asleep dreaming of the dragon queen.

Daenerys

'She was running. Having fallen off Drogon she landed in the snow, her whole body aching but she had to reach him. She could feel the blood seeping through her side but it did not matter.

Her fall happened just as she watched him get stabbed by the Night King. It was her scream that made Drogon jolt forward and she lost her gripping.