Chapter 10 - Choice

She's smiling .....with Jade on her thoughts.

She remembered last night she was laughing with Jade so hard that tears were coming out from her eyes...and those were happy tears.

She's smiling for her self..she can smile again not because there's something funny.  Its been a long time since someone put a smile on her face with out any effort.

This someone was just touching her gently...She's smiling because her heart was smiling.

But some thoughts slowly crept at the back of her head....And right there...her smile slowly fades away.

She look down and unconsciously massage her temple with her lips firmly pressed.  She had to take a few deep breaths.

" Hey...too deep...what are you thinking?"

"Oh nothing ...just...something on my mind"

" something or Someone? "

She did not reply instantly she looked away.

" It's Jade ?"

This time Althea looked straight at Batchi's eyes

" Yes..."

" So...what about her?"

"Its been fun...being with her, Lately She's bringing me a different kind of happiness...I am scared...that I am beginning to like her..."

" She's straight right?"

Althea just nod and sipped her coffee.

" Althea, she has a Boyfriend...you have to think about it real hard...Don't settle for temporary happiness " Batchi's face was serious.

" I know Batchi...I don't like what I am starting to feel for her...I am realistic about her...I am just being a friend..."

" You know the rule, if you want her as a friend..Just be a friend and forget what ever feelings you have for her, but if you think you cant just be a friend to her, Just two choices Althea...stay away ...Or Stay and tell her...You know what to expect either she accepts you or reject you...And Whatever it is ...know that she may really be worth taking the chance..."

" it's ...it's still early to tell her, I like to know her more...Truth is I am scared that i might lose her and I dont want that to happen..."

" It's your choice Althea..."

Althea was quiet thinking really hard. Batchi stand up and gave Althea a tap on her shoulder before going out of the Pantry.

She grabs her mug and walked towards her office. Just work Althea, forget all this ...just work..like what you always do.

The day went by and there were exchange of text message between Althea and Jade, Althea just simply replying to Jade's messages, she felt uneasy because that is not the way she reacts at Jade's, she was always excited to reply to her, always welcoming...interesting ...

At around 7pm Althea was back in her table she looked at her phone, she realised that Jade's last message was 3 hours ago...she also realised that since She was not bringing life to the conversation maybe Jade felt that way too. She felt guilty...No, not only that....She missed her, She is missing Jade.