Chapter 5

Rebecca’s POV

My heart was beating so rapidly, as if it was about to just stop. I had been running non-stop until that stupid RV was out of my sight. I knew it would be only a matter of time before they came to conclusion that I had escaped, but I couldn’t stay there! I needed to go home. What was their purpose? What did they want me for?  I was literally in the middle of nowhere. Dirt running with the wind, a few brush, and a car every now and then would speed by, but other than that I was lost. Not to mention alone. The sun was setting and I knew that dark would be here soon. I began to walk just to slightly catch my breath. Pant after pant, my mind began racing. As I was walking, I got the sense as if I was being followed. Which was odd considering there was absolutely nothing around. All of a sudden the biggest chill ran down my spine. Someone was only a few feet away from me. I could feel it. My only instinct was to run, but I was so tired. I froze. From down the road I was walking I noticed a car was pulling up. My feet began moving before the car swerved in front of me. Panicked, I began running. “Wait stop!” said a male voice. I turned around and it was a complete stranger. He didn’t look familiar but I still kept my distance. “Do you need a ride, sweetheart?” he softly asked. I was unsure if I should accept the offer, I mean what if this guy was bad news? “No” I said. Within a swift of a moment the guy roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me. I tried to fight him off but I just couldn’t. The struggle was becoming more and more difficult until finally I just closed my eyes. Everything had stopped. I heard the one noise that would terrify any human being. The sound of a gunshot being fired. I clenched on my arm, and tightened my eye lids to stay closed. Suddenly, I felt two strong pair of arms wrap around me. I found the strength to open my eyes only to find that Austin had his toned arms around me. My gaze met his, and for once in my life, I didn’t feel endangered. I felt…safe. I took my eyes of him, only to find the man who had once attacked me..dead on the road. “Austin…” I faintly spoke. He just looked at me, his eyes appeared dark green rather than hazel, showing slight sadness in them. “ I did what I had to do. And that was protect you.” He walked me back to the RV which was miles away, and that whole time not one of us spoke. I knew Austin wasn’t the nicest guy but I didn’t see him as a criminal. First he robbed a bank, and now he just killed a man. When he said “Protect you” it only made me wonder what he meant by that. Things weren’t adding up. No one was telling me anything. Finally, we arrived at the RV. Before I walked in Austin blocked my way to the door  “Hey, next time you pull that shit again, I swear I’m gonna-“ without even thinking, I interrupted him. “You’re gonna do what? Let me die? You know that would be sooo much better than having to stay with an asshole like you. Next time, don’t save me. Okay! I don’t need your damn sympathy because I don’t care. I didn’t ask for you to save me so just drop it! We had gone from calm to anger within a second. I could see in his eyes that he was furious “Shit you know what, I was fucking trying to save you and this is how you thank me?! I was asked to keep you safe. If it were up to me, trust me you’d be dead already.” And with that he walked in and slammed the door.

Okay so Becky G is playing Rebecca. This chapter was a little longer and I really hope you enjoyed it! Please comment please please please your feedback would mean a lot. Make sure to vote too! I love you guys <3