Chapter 6

I woke up with an unbearable headache. After last night I was an absolute mess. Austin was right. I shouldn’t have ran away. It wasn’t safe. Then again..neither was he. I found the motivation to get out of bed with the smell of eggs and bacon roaming throughout the RV. I slowly stood up and walked to the kitchen. Austin was in the middle of placing bacon on the pan before his eyes landed on me as if I was a big distraction. “Morning” he said in a husky low voice. “Goodmorning!” I responded more loudly. I placed myself on the kitchen counter and just played with my thumbs. The tension was tremendous and very awkward. “How’d you sleep babe?” he asked making direct eye contact with me. I could feel my face get hot after he said that. He’d never called me that before. I turned away trying to avoid Austin seeing my facial expression. A loud chuckle escaped from him “Damn are you blushing babygirl?” he said with a sly smirk on his face. At this point I was weak and absolutely quiet. Why was he acting like this all of a sudden? Last night we were so close to slitting each others throats and now..this. This boy seriously has mood changes. He began tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for me to say something. “Can you stop!” I shouted. “The tapping?” he asked with his big hazel eyes staring right at me. “No! This. You were pissed off last night and so was I. Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?” I declared. He just looked at me. Emotionless. We stayed completely still for a good 5 seconds. That was until he began moving closer to me. I took a step back but it did me no good as soon as I bumped into the wall. Next thing I knew he had his arms on my hips. His face was about an inch from mine. He looked me in the eyes. There was no way I could look away. He had me right where he wanted. I couldn’t run. I couldn’t look away. We were just there; as he pinned me against the wall. I was unsure of his actions considering Austin was never predictable. I was about to lose it until I heard the RV door slam open and Austin swiftly backed away. “Austin we need to go!!” Alex announced as he rushed inside. “What the hell is wrong?!” Austin asked concerned. Alex just stared at me and then back at Austin. “Something that I can’t say..” Alex said hesitantly. The way he said it panicked me in a way because for some reason I felt that I had something to do with it. Austin grabbed my hand as Alex took hold of a huge bag filled with the money they had stolen a few days ago from the bank. We raced to the car where Zach and Robert were. Austin opened the van to let us all in and with that we were off. Where the hell were we going now? What was happening? I was so confused. I could hear murmuring coming from Alex and Austin. I didn’t catch anything until I faintly heard the word “Becca’s.” That’s when my attention was captured. Why were the bringing me up? “What about me?” I blurted out at them. Robert turned around from the front seat due to my loud action. Alex just looked sincerely at me before he slowly turned way dodging my question. “Austin?” I stared deep into his eyes. He returned the eye contact with such sadness forming on his face. “Rebecca it doesn’t concern you..” he said quietly. “What do you mean it doesn’t concern me?! Stop hiding shit from me that clearly involves me. Tell me right now dammit!” I shouted causing Alex to jump a little. The next words spoken made my whole world freeze. My stomach churned and I was done at this point. Finished. I felt tears rushing down my face so fast. The words that no child ever wanted to hear. “Your mom’s dead ok” Zach shouted.