1 More Day

-Keith's pov-

"He calls the mansion not a house, but a tomb.
He's always chocking form the stench and the fume..." The song "To The End" by MCR continued to play through Keith's earbuds as the doors slid open to let him enter the kitchen. He slipped in side the room wearing just sweat pants and the red lion slippers.

He was in his room just minutes ago tossing and turning to get into a good position and fall asleep but his brain wasn't feeling it tonight, so he decided to go get him a snack until breakfast and pull an all-nighter. He knew Lance would disapprove of that behavior because something about "you'll bags under your eyes" and crap, but especially Shiro would disapprove being his older Cousin having to watch out for him. Adding on being a team leader.

It was 12 in the morning and everyone was asleep in their rooms. Allura and coran had pulled out an extra bed and seated it up yesterday for Matt could have somewhere to sleep at tonight and Oh boy has he changed. Keith used to see Matt form time to time in the hallways of the garrison, and because Keith knew Shiro and Matt Knew Shiro they would all sit at the lunch table together.

Keith opened up a small cabinet under the island in the room to many bags and upside down diamond shaped boxes on the one shelf that was dividing the top and bottom. He chose an random bag hoping that it was actual food, not like the food you get form school but just something edible please.

He closed it, and stood there for a second remembering everyone was asleep. He didn't really need to sneak around, their rooms where halls away from the kitchen. Keith took a breath and had letted go form holding it back. His eyes changed yellow, fur growing over the use to be pale skin and.. ears. The only reason he was doing that was because it was getting harder hold it back and it was a relief to let it go once in a while

He turned and headed towards the lounging room, finally having it all to himself.

Keith's feet tapped through the halls, taking his time getting there because there was no rush. Suddenly everything goes fuzzy and his mind was overthrown without warning. He goes to the closest wall and presses him arm against it for balance. It felt like an massive earthquake in his head then it was still. His eyes fluttered back open and he was on the cold floor. He looked up to see Matt towering over him with an metal staff right in front of his face. With an glare of anger and concern for the read paladin.

"Matt.. l-look I can explain..." Keith said slowly standing up with the long staff following his every move keeping his arms raised. Matt consentraed on Keith's midnight eyes for a moment before putting it down to his side. In that moment Keith changes back to his smooth smooth skin, fingerless gloves and all.

Matt walks up to him putting a hand on his shoulder. "Dude it's ok, we usually see half breads all the time out here space. Though not necessarily human mixed half breads. " Matt says in a calm tone. "Though if you ever do feel like your gonna lose it just give me a call." Matt patts him twice on the shoulder gives him a friendly smile and starts walking away.

Keith stands there for a moment, "Hey matt."
Matt stops before turning the corner and Keith jogs up to him. "Can you not talk about what happened to anyone else? No one else knows." Except Lance. "Yea, that's cool with me." Matt replies.

They started to all back to their rooms down the long quiet halls until Matt spoke up. "I was going to ask earlier but, what's up with Lance? He's a little different than the other alteans."

"Lance? Well I don't know his whole story but he's somewhat altean apparently, we don't know how much though." Keith tells him.  "Hm" Matt hummus. "How did you even find me? I thought everyone was asleep?" Keith asked. "Oh, I was looking for the bathroom, Hunk did make a pretty good lunch" Matt says. "We all have our personal bathrooms in our rooms." "Ohhh." Matt replies .

and they arrive to pidges room. "Night Keith." Matt says as pidges door slides open, "oh yea, here's you bag of bum-stucks', I don't know why you would want these though." Matt says as he tosses the bag to Keith. "What do you mean?"

"Those" he points to the bag "those are the insides of gigantic bugs from all over, cooked and put into chip form." Matt says. "But their not all bad, but it will probably taste better for you because your part galara." He tells Keith.
"Oh, ok." Keith says "night" calls back ending the conversation walking into his sisters room.

Keith walks down the hall with the now open bag of chips and they actually didn't taste that bad. He walks back into his room and slips off his red lion slippers, ties his hair up, and then rolls the bag of chips and sits it by his bed then curls up inside of his covers. Might as well get a few hours of sleep than none. and falls asleep in a matter of mins.
---------
Chapter note: (important for this book)
This is the best way I can describe Keith's "changes". He can control it but it's easier to tick him off in that form, and whenever he is under much more stress/anxiety/depression etc. it tends to get out of control and takes over ( as seen in this chapter)  or sometimes emotions can cause changes (for example anger)
--------------------------------
Thanks for 100+ followers  o o f

Also I not that good in the romance area so any examples or something would be awesome👉😎👉

My b-day was aug 28th IM 15 NOw
HoYa! And I hope this chapter didn't seemed rushed ha.

Voltron s4: October 13th (sp00py)