Hurt

Santana's POV

"I need to talk to you." Brittany said as we walked into my apartment.

"Okay?" I said nervously because of her serious tone. "Go ahead."

"I think we need to break up." My heart sank as she said those words.

It took me a minute to respond. "Why?" was the only thing I was able to get out. There was an uncomfortable silence. "Just tell me. Please."

"I don't want you to be hurt."

"I'm going to be hurt either way. You just told me you wanted to break up, you think those words don't hurt enough already." I said, letting a few tears fall.

"I still love you, Santana." She started, "but while you were gone last week..." She hesitated. "I was, umm, I was with someone."

"You cheated on me." Brittany looked down at her feet.

"I'm sor-" I cut her off.

"Don't." I said, "Just tell me why."

"I was lonely."

"Really? That's the answer you give me?" I said as my sadness turned into anger. "We stayed  on the phone for hours those three days I was gone. It was three days! I don't even want to know what you were doing while we were long distance."

"like you didn't hookup with anyone." she said cause the anger to become worse.v

" So you're saying you did it then too. I didn't hookup with anyone, because the one person I wanted was 3,000 miles away." I said, now standing.

"I'm really sorry, San."

"Sorry isn't enough at the moment." I was hurt. My heart had been shattered to pieces and all she had to say was sorry.

"What will show you that I am?"

"I really don't know. Okay? I never thought you would do something like this. I saw the future as me and you. Not me you, and that other person that you would sneak off to every night when I'm gone. Obviously, you didn't see the same."

"I did. Everyone makes mistakes, I happen to make a huge one. I want you to see that I'm truly sorry. I know you won't see it now. I want a second chance, San."

"Just give me a couple of days." And by those words, she walked out of my apartment. I honestly don't know how to feel. Could this really be the end of the best thing in my life? I sat there, letting the tears fall.

I heard the voices of Kurt and Rachel out in the hallway. I cursed to myself, I don't want them to see my cry. They'll get curious then just get all up in this.

Kurt opened the door. "San, we're home!" I didn't answer. I sat in the kitchen, telling myself to not cry. Him and Rachel walked into the kitchen.

"We saw Britt outside. She looked pretty down. You guys okay?" Rachel said sitting next to me.

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled.

"Are you sure? Tell us what happened."

"I said I didn't want to talk about it." I said again, getting up and walking away.

"We're trying to help you." Kurt said.

"None of your help will fix my broken heart. I know you guys you want to help, I honestly dont think no one will." Kurt and Rachel looked at each other as I walked out.

"San?" Rachel asked as she open the door, "Can I talk to you? I know you already told us you didn't want to talk but I know what happened."

"How do you know?"

"I've been cheated on, San. You know that. I know how you feel. When Finn cheated on me with Quinn, I shut everyone out and decided that I would never accept his apology no matter how many time he attempted to. Well, I eventually accepted it and we got back together, but this isn't about us. It's about you." She said noticing that she was rambling. "What'd she tell you?"

"She said that she thought that we should break up because she cheated on me."

"Was that it?"

"Then I said something about when did long distance and she basically confessed that she cheated on me back then too." I said trying to hold the tears in.

"Then what did you say after that?

"I told her to give me a couple of days."

"Let me tell you this. There are two possible ways this is going to go. Either you guys are going to end up like Finn and I and stay together and not let the past affect anything. Or you will hold this grudge forever. Its your choice."

I have seen how Finn and Rachel recovered after Quinn came into the picture. They're fine now. Can Britt and I recover just like they did.

____________________

Part two possibly coming soon!

Comment "#hurt" for a part 2