Let Me Be The One

Santana's Pov

"Are you okay? you seem kind of off today." Brittany asked.

"I'm fine."

"Come on, talk to me."

"Hold on." "Mr. Shue?" I said as we walked into the choir room. "I have a song I would like to sing."

"Okay, Guys listen up. Santana would like to sing something today." He looked at me, " the floor is yours."

I walk over to the band and tell them what song I will be singing.

Waiting on the music to play, I think to myself. Is the song I'm about to sing help my problem?

The music begins to play.

(Let Me Be the One)

Somebody told me you were leavin'

I didn't know

Somebody told me you're unhappy

But it doesn't show

Somebody told me that you don't want me no more

So you're walkin' out the door

I look at Brittany. She has a look of sadness across her face. I think to myself "Don't cry, don't cry" 

Nobody told me you've been cryin'

Every night

Nobody told me you'd been dyin'

But didn't want to fight

Nobody told me that you fell out of love from me

So I'm settin' you free

Let me be the one to break it up

So you won't have to make excuses

We don't need to find a set up where

Someone wins and someone loses

We just have to say our love was true

But has now become a lie

So I'm tellin' you I love you one last time

And goodbye

Somebody told me you still loved me

Don't know why

Nobody told me that you only

Needed time to fly

Somebody told me that you want to come back when

Our love is real again

Just turn around and walk away

You don't have to live like this

But if you love me still then stay

Don't keep me waiting for that final kiss

We can work together through this test

Or we can work through it apart

I just need to get this off my chest

That you will always have my heart

Let me be the one

The music ends and I wipe the tear that I let slip away. I take a deep breath and walk out of the choir room, so no one would see me cry. I sit in the hallway with my head in my hands. A person sitting next to me pulled my out of my thoughts. It was Brittany.

"You think I don't love you anymore?" She asked, it sounded like she had been crying. "Why would you think that?"

"Sam told me that you cheated on me with him."

"When did he tell you that?"

"Yesterday afternoon. He told me that I need to stay away from you because I'm not good enough for you."

"Well, let me tell you something." Brittany said sitting next to me and putting her arm around my shoulder. " I would never cheat on you.  And I'm the only person who knows who is good enough for me. and that person is you." she said kissing my cheek.

"Why did I ever believe what that idiot said? I've should have know it was one of his tricks to break us up."

"Well, he will continue to be unsuccessful and that idiot is my cousin and he doesn't know it."

"I'm guessing he got the dumb gene of the family? and you got the beauty, intelligence and everything else." She blushed at my comment.

"Stop making me blush."

"youre so cute when you blush though."

"Whatever."

"I love you." She looked at me with a big smile. In the moment I realized that it was the first time I told her I loved her. I mean I did love her but this is the first time I've expressed it through words. It just felt right to say in this moment.

"I love you, too San."

__________________________________

Here is some sappy brittana stuff. this took so long because I needed some inspiration so I went through Spotify and listened to a lot of love songs. the song in this was one of the song I was listening to. its a really good song. but anyways ummmmmmmmmm..... more coming soon!

and also.... glee text reached 10k reads recently!!!! YAY!