||12||

Jonas' POV

I was sitting at lunch with my boys. Magnus was going off about how he never got chicks and the rest of us were just laughing at him. I was staring at Isak. Sometimes I just wanted to make sure he was okay. He wasn't very good with talking about his feelings, so I got pretty good at reading him over the years.

Lunch was going to be over in a few minutes when this tall kid walked over to our table, to Isak. "Lets do your house today okay? I promise mine next time," he said. He had a deeper voice than I had expected. I had no clue who this kid was or what he was talking about. I looked at Isak- his face was flushed. He knew it was getting pink too because he pulled on this hat and hoodie. "Uh...who was that?" I asked. He cleared his throught a bit while still looking down, "That was uh...a kid from my science class, Even."

"Oh..." I responded slowly, knowing there was more.

"We uh...have a partner project together."

"Cool." I said, not understanding Isak's hesitation when talking about Even.

"Yeah and uh...we also run club together."

"Sweet." I said, taking a bite into my sandwhich. His face continued to look more pigmented than normal, but I didn't want to embarass him in front of the other boys so I didn't say anything.

-

I saw Eva standing next to a locker down the hall. "Eva!" I yelled. She turned, luckily hearing me because I didn't want to yell again. "Walking home?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.
She nodded. "Mind if I come with?" I asked, also walking home myself. "Of course not Jonas! Come on. Let's go."

-

"Hey, Eva..." I began. Knowing that Eva knew everything about every boy in this school.

"Mhm."

"Do you know this kid, Even?"

"Uh...there are a couple. Which one?"

"Shit. I don't know." I said, realizing that I sounded dumb.

"What does the one your thinking about look like?" She asked.

"Uh...I've only seen him once. Tall, blonde, deep voice...? Haha. I feel like I sound like a creep."

That made her laugh, "You kind of do. But, I think I know who you are thinking of. Even Bech Næsheim- he's a senior."

"Oh." I said, realizing that I didn't have a follow up question.

"Is that it? Haha...why are you asking?"

"No reason. He and Isak are lab partners...I wanted to know if he was an idiot or not." I lied, well partly lied. I guess I didn't really know why I was asking. I could just tell by the way Isak was acting at lunch that this Even kid meant something to him. I guess I just wanted a better sense of who he was.

"Oh..haha. Well, no. I mean I haven't heard anyone say he's a genius, but I don't think he's an idiot. He's really popular. All the girls always talk about him. He's even in the school play!"

"Damn. Sounds like you like this kid."

"Nah...I'm not into blondes." She said, stumbling into me on purpose.

"Interesting though- that he's in the school play..." I said, ignoring Eva's flirt.

"Yeah! I've heard he's really good. The play's not this weekend but next!"

"Huh. Maybe I'll go see it. Thanks!" By this point we had reached Eva's house. "Alright, Jonas, text me! We haven't chilled in a while." She said, giving me a casual hug. "Will do," I replied. She walked into her house as I kept walking towards mine.

----
Hello! I'm sorry- this was such a filler chapter, but this chapter is realllyy important in the grand scheme of things! Please don't hate me!! ✨✨

Evak is real.