Unexpected Meeting

"Hey, Danos that's all of it right? We've been out forever gettin' this shit!"

We've been out in the shopping district for about two hours. Rumala's Waiss is good but, the other ingredients she needs to make it seem to be from all the busiest shops that are all furthest away from home.

"No actually it isn't Emcess, we need two more things. Gerda and Lhûg-ross."

"Ya can't be serious Danos, my legs are killing me! Gerda looks like frog legs ground up..I can't understand what made Rumala pick it for a brew." He looks genuinely concerned about it, just how far into his addiction is he? I agree with him though. Lhûg-ross is usually used in cooking, not brewing.

I don't blame Emcess for being tired. This shit is annoying to get because of the shop locations and the hills in Shedeth. Think of a village the built up to a town after many years of trade built around the intersection of two roads. Shedeth grew to what it is today from the intersection of those roads. Lots of shops with the ones at the ends of the cross being stupidly far from one another.

"I am serious though, we will get the Gerda first and get extra Lhûg-ross."

I could practically see the salt forming on his face! "Dammit Danos! Now we have ta go on another grueling search across Shedeth for another stupid ingredient!"

"Haha don't forget what these ingredients are for! The extra Lhûg-ross will be used for breakfast tomorrow. It's great for hangovers!"

"Of course, of course. The purest drink I have ever tasted and the amazing anti-hangover drug!"

"Despite how well it aids in hangover recovery, it is not a drug. Now then, let's go get that Lhûg-ross!" Honestly your pathetic Emcess, normally your stamina is better than mine. Hehe, you'll forget all your troubles as long as you've got a good drink in hand.

•••

Ah! That's the girl from this morning! I am not ready to approach her just yet...what the hell is she doing with the map? I'm a little afraid to find out how she plans on getting back at me. No, I must be brave, I shall confront her...later!

"Oi! Danos hurry up; I want to get to the tavern before it closes!"

Without realizing, I had stopped walking. "Emcess. I need you to do me a favor."

I somehow convinced him to run inside real quick and then go out the taverns back door. It seemed like that Josay girl was preoccupied with the map with whatever she was doing so I doubt she saw us. I told Emcess to come around the front by himself to see if she is up to anything while I, the one she would recognize, hid inside like a coward.

"Danos. I wouldn't be doin' this if it wasn't an opportunity ta get more info on Josay." He flipped me off while running inside.

I can see where he is coming from though, I don't usually get worked up over women. Why can't I get that girl out of my head?! She must have done something to me when she bumped into me, a spell or maybe even a curse!

Nah, maybe I'm just imagining it, let's get some booze!

Why is Emcess still inside? He should be at least on his way out the back door by now.

"Took ya long enough Danos! You'll never guess who's here to speak to ya in person! It's Lyir Tahlonam!"

Why on earth would someone of his stature have come to me personally? "What? Where is he? Why is he here to speak to me?"

With a smirk, Emcess said, "I don't know but if you don't compose yerself it'll make ya look bad."

True, an elf should always appear level headed, especially one with a large spell book. "Right, okay wish me luck."