Naraku's Barrier-Kagura's Decision/The Howling Wind of Betrayal

We were walking through a dark forest at night. "The moon is about to disappear. A shooting star!" I heard Rin say and saw her close her eyes to make a wish.

"Rin." She opened her eyes and looked at Sesshomaru. "Don't fall behind." He told her.

"Okay." She said and I noticed he was thinking about something. We were soon walking through a open field. "It sparkled! A star sparkled! Did you see it, Lord Sesshomaru? Uh hello?" Jaken asked, but received no answer.

I looked up at the sky and smiled at the beauty. I noticed Sesshomaru stopped and I did the same. "Lord Sesshomaru?" Jaken asked and I glanced at Rin to see her asleep.

"It's his scent." He said and I closed my eyes to focus. "It's not him." I corrected, then a strong gust of wind blew, making Rin fall off Ah-Un and Jaken fall between Sesshomaru and I, before Kagura lands in front of Sesshomaru.

"Yo." She greeted. "Yo yourself." Jaken said.

"Sesshomaru, Sakura, did you follow Naraku's scent and presence too?" She asked us. "Lord Sesshomaru! This woman is the one Naraku created from his body." Jaken said.

"Kagura the wind sorceress, if I remember correctly." I said. "I'm glad you remembered me." She told me, then I noticed Sesshomaru place his hand on Tokijin and I placed my hand on his, making him look at me.

"She isn't here to fight us." I told him. "She's right, I'm here to make a deal." Kagura said.

"A deal?" Sesshomaru repeated. "You know what these are." She held up some jewel shards.

"I'll give these Sacred Jewel shards to you. In return, kill Naraku." She said and my eyes widened. "What!?" Jaken asked.

"Free me from his grip." She added and Sesshomaru said nothing. "You have the power to do it. After you kill Naraku, the Sacred Jewel shards will be yours. Let's use these shards and have some fun." She told him.

Her words were making me uneasy and I unconsciously gripped Sesshomaru's sleeve, then he glanced at me. "You intend to betray Naraku?" He asked her and she laughed. "It's not like I ever wanted to be under his command. Well, Sesshomaru? I don't think it's a bad idea to team up with me." She said.

"Unfortunately, I have no interest in the Sacred Jewel. If you wish to become free, use those shards yourself and destroy Naraku." He told her. "Are you afraid of Naraku?" She asked him.

"I'm just saying I'm not obliged to help you." He answered and she glared at him. "Foolish coward! And you call yourself a man!?" She shouted, then I heard Rin and Jaken gasp in shock at her words.

She took out a feather and flew away. "Why, that woman…! I wonder if she really intended to make you her protector? Talk about guts… the nerve of her! A part of Naraku… That's all she is!" Jaken said.

"Papa is so strong! You don't need the power of the Sacred Jewel!" Rin said. Sesshomaru started to walk away and we followed him.

'Sesshomaru, you may not need their power, but I believe I do.' I thought and we soon stopped for the night, then I walked away, after I made sure Rin was asleep.

Third Person POV

Sesshomaru watched Sakura walk away and he stood. "Jaken." The small demon turned to him. "Yes, my lord?" He asked.

"Stay here with Rin." With that he walked away and followed Sakura's scent.

Sakura's POV

I felt Sesshomaru's presence behind me as I looked at the night sky. "You should have accepted her offer of the shards." I told him. "You find me incapable of destroying Naraku without them?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I know you can, but I need their power. I'm not strong enough to fight him and I'll never be." I answered. "Sakura." I turned and saw him behind me.

Third Person POV

Rin had woken up and dragged Jaken and Ah-Un with her to see where Sesshomaru and Sakura went. When they found them, they hid in the bushes and listened to their conversation. "Why are we hiding? It was your idea to search for them." Jaken said and Rin covered his mouth.

"Quiet, Grandpa Jaken. I'm trying to listen." She whispered. "You do not need the power of the Sacred Jewel." Sesshomaru said and Jaken started to listen as well.

"How do you know? I'm a mere human, aren't I?" Sakura asked. "Sakura." She looked at him.

"You are more powerful than you give yourself credit for." Sesshomaru told her. "Sesshomaru..." She whispered.

"Do not doubt yourself." With that he turned towards Rin, Jaken, and Ah-Un. "What are you doing here?" They stepped out.

Sakura blushed, realizing that they were spying on them. "It was my idea to look for you and Mama, Papa. You looked like you were having a serious conversation and I didn't want to bother you." Rin said.

"Don't worry, Rin. Let's go, you need your sleep." Sakura grabbed her hand and they walked away.