Sota's Brave Confession of Love

I climbed out of the well and walked towards my house. "I know I wanted to see my family, but now I miss the others already. Even Jaken." I muttered and opened the door.

"I'm back!" I called. "Saki-chan, welcome back!" Mom greeted.

"How was the feudal era, Sakura?" Grandpa asked. "Same as always." I answered.

"How has Rin-chan been lately?" Mom asked. "She's been fine. Very happy." I answered, smiling at the thought of my adoptive daughter.

Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sota soon came back and we ate dinner, but I noticed Sota wasn't eating. "Aren't you hungry, Sota?" I asked him. "Not really, Saki-nee." He answered.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked. "It's nothing." He answered.

"In that case, use this!" Grandpa held out a a large scale and I ignored the conversation when I felt a familiar presense. "No way." I whispered and rushed outside.

"Saki-nee/Saki-chan/Sakura!" I heard them shout, but I ignored it as I ran towards Sesshomaru. "Sesshomaru, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"The air here is foul." He commented and I sweat dropped. "You didn't answer my question." I told him.

"I was curious of your time." He answered and I nodded. "Come inside, I'll introduce you to my family that you haven't met yet." I grabbed his hand and led him inside.

"What's he doing here!?" Inuyasha asked once we walked back to the others. "Must you always shout, Inuyasha?" Sesshomaru asked.

"No fighting!" I told them. "Mom, Sota, Grandpa. This is Sesshomaru, I've told you all about him." I introduced.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Lord Sesshomaru. Thank you for protecting my daughter." Mom said. "He's cooler than you described him, Saki-nee." Sota said and I blushed.

"Sota, hush!" I told him. "I rarely need to protect her. She is quite powerful." Sesshomaru said to my mother, making my blush worse.

"Would you like to join us? There is still plenty for everyone." He nodded and sat beside me as we started eating, then I noticed the look in Sota's eye. "Buyo." Our cat walks up to Sota.

"You can have it." He gave it to the cat and she took it. "Hey...! You devil...!" Grandpa tries to chase after the cat.

"I'm done." Sota said as he stood up. "I wonder if something happened." Mom said.

"Maybe there's something wrong with him." Grandpa said as he appeared next to Mom and I covered my mouth to hide my laugh from how clueless they were. "He's fine." Kagome said and they looked at her confused.

"He's more than fine. He's lovesick." I added, chuckling. "Lovesick!?" Mom and Grandpa asked.

"We should celebrate then!" Mom said and Kagome spit out her rice. "What is lovesick?" Sesshomaru asked me.

"Its just what we say when we mean a person is in love." I explained as they talked about how they can use that as an excuse for when Kagome is absent. I led Sesshomaru to my room after we finished. "You can stay in here until I'm ready to go back or you could sit in the tree." I told him.

"This will be fine." He told me and I nodded, before leaving to get ready for bed. Once I got back, I climbed into bed and covered up. "Goodnight, Sesshomaru." I whispered, before falling asleep.

No One's POV

Sesshomaru looked towards the window once he caught the scent of his brother and Sota. 'What is that half-breed doing?' He looked out the window, before opening it and jumping out. "What are you two doing?" He asked and they looked at him.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Sota greeted surprised. "May I ask you something?" The demon lord raised his eyebrow, but nodded.

"Who said 'I like you' first? You or Saki-nee?" He asked. "What are you talking about?" Sesshomaru asked surprised at the question.

"Forget it, Sota. Sesshomaru only cares about himself." Inuyasha said, earning him a glare from his brother. "But Saki-nee told us about how he protects her and Rin." Sota said.

"I rarely need to protect Sakura." Sesshomaru said and Sota nodded. "Did you or Kagome-nee say 'I like you' first, Inuyasha?"

The half-demon blushed, which his brother found amusing. "If my sisters aren't dating either of you, then they wouldn't go back in time." The brothers froze at that fact. "Come on, who said it first? How did you confess?" The boy asked the brothers.

"Why would I say such things to your sister?" Sesshomaru asked and Inuyasha agreed. "They said it first? What'd they say?" Sota asked, but he got no answer. "Is it possible that you guys haven't said anything to each other yet?"

"What are you getting at?" Sesshomaru asked, while his brother struggled for words. "I don't know what to do. The girl's name is Hitomi, but..."

"I'm not listening to this." Inuyasha said as he and Sesshomaru turned back towards the house, but that didn't stop the boy. "Hitomi is my classmate. She sits next to me in class. I really think she's very cute. She has nice big eyes, fair-skinned, came back from abroad… Doesn't like parsley, uses a different type of school bag…"

"I don't really get it, but, in other words, you've fallen for her, right?" Inuyasha interuppted and the boy blushes. "But… I don't know how Hitomi feels about me. That's why… I really want to confess my feelings for her!" Sota said, while the brothers wondered why he was telling them.

"Inuyasha. Can I practice?" Sota asked, which amused Sesshomaru. "I just want to practice confessing how I feel. Its okay, right!?" He asked and Inuyasha soon gave in.

"Just once." Sota thanked him and Sesshomaru jumped into the tree to watch. After he got embarrased a few times, he managed to say it, but what they didn't know was that the sisters were listening.

Sakura's POV

"Are we interuppting something?" I asked and the boys looked at us in shock. We went to Kagome's room and they explained what they were doing, making the two of us laugh. "You don't have to laugh." Sota told us embarrassed.

"You should've asked us in the first place. Instead of doing stupid things like that. I'd like to think that we're better at such things than Inuyasha and Sesshomaru." Kagome said.

"You're girls! That's to be expected!" Inuyasha argued. "Leave it to us, Sota!" I said as me and Kagome stood up.

"For our precious little brother, we'll lend a helping hand!" Kagome said and they gave us strange looks, then I remembered something. "Sesshomaru, any of Rin's future boyfriends will need to get our approval, and she can't date until she's thirty. As her parents, we have those rights." I told him and he gave me a small smirk unnoticeable to the others.

"Do as you please." He told me and I smiled. The next day, we stood outside with Sota and I felt bad for him because of what Kagome is making him wear. "Don't you think the outfit is a bit too much?" I asked her.

"Its fine." She told me. "You didn't even let me give him advice." I told her, but she ignored me, then Sota left. When he came back, he told us he got too shy so Kagome and Inuyasha decided to help him gain confidence.

I was reading in my room, while Sesshomaru looked out the window when there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said and the door opened, revealing Sota. "Saki-nee, please help me." He begged.

"Listen, Sota." I sighed, closing my book. "Just be yourself. Girls like that." I told him.

"Will it work?" He asked. "If she can't accept the real you, then she isn't worth it. Listen to your heart and be yourself, Sota." I smiled at him and he nodded.

"Thank you, Saki-nee." He left and I went to sleep after that. The next day, I was getting things ready for returning to the feudal era and Sota told me he did what I said and she said she liked him too. Sesshomaru and I jumped down the well and returned to Rin and Jaken.