Episode 2 Part 10 PWS

The two didn't stop running and didn't look back. They ran as fast as they could until they were out of breath. They rested for a few minutes and looked at where they came from. They were only few blocks away from the museum.

They were really cold and it was really dark but thankfully, the stars were shining. The two sat back to back. They didn't know how to start the conversation. Gideon knew that Pacifica couldn't take the silence most of the time so he started.

"So..... What happened there?" Gideon asked Pacifica. Pacifica didn't respond. She didn't know why she even cried in the first place. She didn't want to face him. She felt so ruined. "Paz"

He leaned to her to try to get her response. She felt horrible for almost risking their lives.

"Pacifica's not here, she's in scarf town"She covered her face with her scarf while hugging her knees. She was shaking as her tears were absorbed by the scarf.

"Are you gonna get out of scarf town?" She didn't respond. Gideon knew that she was blaming herself. He was almost killed right in front of her eyes by her 'ex-boyfriend'. He stood up and stretch his arms. His body was aching all over, but he had to ignore it now. He sat down in front of his sister and patted her head.

"Why won't you tell me? I'm your brother, I'm really worried about you"

"I..... I'M SORRY!"she pressed her scarf to her face. Her voice muffled by the scarf. "Because of me, you were going to die!"

"But it isn't your fault, you didn't know" he tried to cheer her up.

"Yes, it is! I didn't believe you! I should have just listened to you!" Gideon didn't know how to respond. Paz became uncomfortable as she felt something "... My head hurts"

"My body hurts" Gideon stated. He looked up at the stars and signed "I should be the one who's sorry"

"Why's that"

"Because I'm too weak, If it wasn't for you, I would have been killed. You saved me"

"That doesn't change anything. You didn't do anything wrong"

Gideon knew nothing will convince her right now. They have to go back now before it gets too cold."Let's just go back"

The two arrived at the museum and saw that it was late. Melody was really worried about the two of them. She asked if they wanted to eat, but both didn't have an appetite. They didn't tell her anything about what happened.

"So Grunkle Fidds hasn't come home yet" Gideon asked

"Yeah, he's been gone for hours and I'm also getting worried that he might overwork himself again." Melody said "Are you two sure? I mean, you can ask me anything."

"We're good, thanks anyways" Pacifica gave a forced smile not wanting Melody to worry any longer

"I'm always open to talk. You know, talking it out will make you feel great"

"Thanks, I might take up on that offer some day" she said and went to the attic leaving a worried Melody.

"I wonder if making them my special pancakes for breakfast could lift their spirits?"

The two changed into their night clothes and went to bed. Both of them couldn't sleep a blink.

"Hey Gids, you awake" Pacifica asked sitting down. She stared her hands and then holding it together. The amulet was too much. For some reason, it was talking? No, it was something other than that. It felt like it was rejecting her and kept giving her its.... Painful emotions?

"Wide awake" he replied "still thinking about it?"

"About what?"

"About him"

".. Partly" Pacifica answered. Gideon turned around to see his troubled sister. He never saw her like this before. It was completely new.

"Do you think that an object can feel emotions?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Just curious"

Gideon sat for a moment, taking the journal under his pillow.

"The journal did say that Gravity Rises isn't just a normal place. Anything can happen"

"Are we going to tell Melody about what happened, she looked extremely worried"

"I dunno, but we shouldn't tell Grunkle Fidds. He'll just get mad at you for not listening to him" he said, remembering the conversation he had with Fiddleford

"Your right also.... Thank you Gids" Pacifica suddenly said making Gideon a bit shocked

"For what"

"For being my brother" Gideon smiled at her. He hoped that in the morning, everything will be fine again. But he wanted to change. He wanted to be someone strong enough to protect his sister.

~~~~~~

MVD UIRVMW ZIIREVH

The last chapter sure was short. Sorry 'bout that.