Chap 1

So this is my first story that I wrote a while back thought I'd put it up and see what people thought. It is a bit depressing to start with but it's not like that all the way through so try to stick with it.

All comments are welcome but please try to be nice I might cry else;)

Anyway hope you enjoy let me know what you think thanx

England360

Drip,

Drip,

Drip,

Drip

The sound of the leaking water pipe as it drips onto the cold, hard concrete floor has become my only grasp onto reality when the pain comes.

Drip,

Drip,

Drip

Drip

Come on Faith just focus on the sound, I tell myself as I make my way on all fours over to my bed in the corner of the room. -If you can call two old sheets and a blood stained quilt a bed-.

Drip

Drip

Drip

Drip

One hand

Drip

The other hand

Drip

One leg

Drip

The other leg

After what feels like hours but is probably only minutes I make it to my pile of rags in the corner. The air leaves my lungs in a large "whoosh" as I fall flat on my face. I bite my lip from crying out as pain shoots through my whole body. I refuse to let them know how much pain they put me through.

To be honest the beating wasn't too bad this time, a sprained ankle, a black eye, maybe a few broken ribs. No not too bad at all I have definitely had worse. With any look they are growing board of me and will let me die in peace.

'No Faith think positive, I can't think like that remember what mom said'

"Stay strong baby, no matter what stay strong"

A tear escapes as I remember my mom's last words. That day has played over and over in my head since I woke up in this room. Thoughts of different scenarios have run through my mind. If I wasn't latent and could shift I might have been able to shift and maybe at least save my mom, or if Ethan and Drew didn't have detention they would have been with me, they are both strong fighters maybe they could have saved my parents, but that's not what happened and no matter how hard I wish it I can't change the past.

FLASHBACK

Finally schools over I let out a big sigh as I make my way to Drew's car. I Lean up against it as I retrieve my cell out of my bag to check for messages.

1 New message

I scroll through my phone and read the text that Ethan sent.

Sry honey, we hve deten c u at hme Eth xx

Well that's just great looks like I'm walking home, it's not too bad though it should only take me about 20 min to walk.

"Well come on feet let's get movin" I mutter to myself as I head of out of the school gates.

While I'm walking I can't help but wonder what Ethan and Drew have done this time to land themselves in detention again. Probably another prank or one of them has said something to a teacher, and the other has just gone along with it those two always stick together. You see Ethan is my twin brother, yes twin but we couldn't be more opposite. In looks you can tell we are related we both have chocolate brown hair, Aqua eyes and tan skin. Ethan's quit tall at around 6"2 were I'm around 5"8, it's tall for my age but not when I'm standing next to Ethan or Drew. But that's where the similarities stop. Eth is outgoing and just speaks his mind were I'm quite, I'm not shy I just don't feel the need to speak my mind all the time. Drew's a lot like Ethan always says what his thinking, But we have known Drew our entire life. But being in the same pack it's like one large extended family.