Chap 3

So here is chapter three.

Is there anyone reading this story? Should I continue? Someone please let me know.

Thanks England360

Chapter 3

I sit there on the cold, hard concrete floor with my knees pulled to my chest shaking so bad it feels like I’m going to fall apart. My eyes are squeezed shut; I can’t find the strength to open them. I don’t want to see what’s coming.

If it’s the hunters that won the fight then they are probably really pissed that they were attacked and will take it out on me. It wouldn’t be the first time something like that has happened. They seem to blame me for everything just because they can.

If the hunters lost then that means whoever it is that attacked is down here with me now.

If I go by the sounds that were made during the fight then I’m not sure I know which it would rather be, maybe they will kill me and get it over with ‘No Faith stay strong remember, now come on open your eyes’. I scold myself. But I can’t, I don’t know how much more I can take.

“Hey there”

A strong and masculine voice says quietly bringing me out of my self- pitying moment.

I slowly open my eyes and look through my lashes, and what I see surprises the heck out of me to say the least.

There are three men now in the basement room with me. Two are standing back buy the steps, and one is about 5 feet in front of me crouching down.

They are all huge, as in muscles everywhere huge.

“Hi” The guy in front of me says quietly. Probably because I’m just staring at them and didn’t answer him the first time. I just lower my eyes and try to push back even further into the corner. They are definitely not the hunters I wonder what they are going to do with me.

“Hey now, its ok we are here to help you” they guy in front of me says.

I just ignore him and keep my head down I wish they would just get it over with.

I hear someone sigh then the guy in front of me speaks again.

“I’m Nathan, these two big idiots are Seth and Sam. can you tell me your name”

Ok no-one has bothered to ask my name before now. I’m so shocked I whisper “Faith” before my mind even has time to register what I’m saying.

I hear someone gasp and look up all the guys have shocked looks on their faces.

“Faith Thomas?” Nathan asks. Looking so shocked a stiff wind would probably blow him over. I just nod my head to shocked to answer how does he know my name?

“Damn, now we really need to get out of here”

Either Sam or Seth says, while roughly pushing a hand through his blond chin length hair.

I just look at them confused and scared with a head full of questions.

Who are they?

How do they know my name?

What are they going to do with me?

My head snaps up when I notice Nathan moving closer. I push myself ever further into the wall and a small whimper escapes my mouth.

Nathan holds his hands up and stops moving.

“It’s ok Faith, I’m not going to hurt you, I was just going to pick you up so we can get out of here.”

I just shake my head and start trembling again. How can I trust them? What will happen to me if I leave with them?

How can I trust them? What will happen to me if I leave with them?

“Ok ok, Faith I want you to take a deep breathe and tell me what you smell” Nathan instructs.

I look at him questiongly, but do as he asks. I breathe in deep and let it out on a gasp.

Shifters they are all shifters.

Nathan is a wolf, I think and Sam and Seth are some kind of feline. I can’t tell what but they are definitely not leopard like me.

“Now tell me what you smell” Nathan asks me with a small smile on his face.

“Shifters” I croak

“That’s right, so now you know we are not hunters will you let us get you out of here” Nathan asks gently moving slightly closer.

I bite my lip thinking about it. They are shifters like me but how do I know I can trust them?

“This is getting us no were” either Sam or Seth snaps, pushing a hand through his chin length, dark blond hair. He then looks over to me. “We are friends of Ethan’s” he snaps at me again.

I’m too shocked to pay any notice to his tone of voice though. Ethan, they know my brother.

“Ethan, you know my brother? Is he ok? Where is he?” I ask hurriedly. The guys face softens as he watches a single tear roll down my cheek. He glances away with a pained look on his face.

“His fine, he has actually been looking for you” he replies softer this time but still not looking directly at me.

“He has” I whisper. Of course he has. How could I think he wouldn’t? Part of me always thought that when he found our parents he would think I was dead as well and not bother looking for me. How could I think so little of him?

“Yes” Nathan answers this time. “And the sooner we get out of here, the sooner you can see him”

I Look over to Nathan and decide to trust them. What other option do I have?

“Ok” I nod my head.

Nathan smiles at me and slowly moves closer. I to scoot away from the wall a bit to give him more room to pick me up but the pain I’ve been trying to ignore comes back full force. I wince and try to hold still until it fades. Nathan must have noticed.

“Its ok sweetheart I’ve got you” he whispers in my ear, pulling me to his chest and carefully standing.

I sigh and rest my head on his hard chest letting the heat from his body relax my aching bones. I know I should keep my guard up and not be so trusting but it’s been so long since anyone has touched me that wasn’t malicious or violent I can’t help but soak it up.

Sam and Seth climb the stairs before us. When we are almost to the top one of the guys turn around and make eye contact with Nathan. Something seems to pass between them. Nathan gives a slight nod then turns to me.

“I need you to close your eyes for me sweetheart” he says with an apologetic look on his face.

I give him a nod and squeeze my eyes shut. I know what they are trying to do. They don’t want me to see what’s behind that door. And to be honest I don’t want to see I have enough nightmares without adding to them.