Chapter Fifteen

Friday morning was the time I heard words I'd never want to hear from my best friend, if she still is that. Ashton told me that she was hardly talking to him anyway, even he didn't know what to do.

Ashton's POV

"I'm leaving."

Katherine can't be leaving, she means the world to Stella, she'll be broken with news like this.

"What, why?"

"You and I both know we've been growing apart, there's nothing left for me here, I need a fresh start." She sighed looking at the ground.

"I told you I've been down recently, we can be better friends." That was my cover, that I was 'down'. I need to stay friends with Katherine, to make sure Stella doesn't give up on me, then I'd have more chance of getting my body back.

That's all I want, my body back, and I'd do anything to get it back, even if it means winning this bet, those feelings for her have gone. They're not coming back. I promise myself.

"You always use that excuse I'm sick of it, I just want a new life."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Devon, in England."

-

"She's- she's moving to, to England?" She sobbed into my shoulder, slowly wetting my tshirt as I held her close. We were sat on her bed, not bothering about her mum and dad that were at home.

"I'm sorry."

"Why though?" She looked up at me through the tears.

"She wanted a new start." I can't tell her about us both growing apart, I'll then lose the bet and I won't get my own body back, I want to be able to drum again, that way I can cope with things.

After a few moment of hearing her soft cries into my shoulder, she spoke up, "I want to drum. We need to practice."

"Well that was unexpected," I chuckled, "let's go then."

-

She finished playing the last part of 'Wherever You Are', which was also the first song she learnt.

"Eighteen!" She shouted hopefully.

"That's your favourite isn't it." I chuckled at her excitement.

"Yeah course it is, how far away is the gig again?" She got off the stool carefully placing the drum sticks onto what she was previously sat on.

"It's Tuesday, your not going to play Eighteen?"

"I'm not in the mood anymore."

"Your gonna do okay, just don't worry."

"That's not what you said a few weeks ago." She scoffed, "why are you being so nice to me? These past few days you've been.. Nice."

"Why is that such a bad thing?" I laughed trying not to show my nervousness.

"It's suspicious."

"Do you want me to be mean to you then?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

"That's what I thought." I laughed hoping she'd go off of the subject, "are you okay? You look like you need a hug." I opened up my arms wide, and within a few seconds she came bounding into them in tears.

"Shh, Stel, don't cry." I stroked her back as an attempt to soothe her, I bet this looks so creepy.

"When I get back into my own body, I'll have no friends, nobody. I just feel like everybody's leaving me." She sobbed whilst still hugging me.