Fill the void

It's one of these weeks you hate most. Conventiontime. So Jack made his way to the states and you couldn't come because of work.

But at least you are always texting and skyping so you don't have a full week without him. But you miss him and his warmth around you. And the worst thing is the lack of sleep, because you couldn't sleep alone.

You hear the Skype call on your phone and answer it smiling.

"Hey pumpkin. You look tired." Jack looks at you with his deep blue eyes and sighs.

"Look who is talking... You were out, weren't you?" You smile at him, you can almost smell the whiskey through your phone.

"Maybe. And it's almost time to get up already. It's the last day of the con. I'll be home in two days." He rubs his forehead and lays down on his hotelbed.

"It's just waiting for you to come home, everything is clean and nice. I even did your paperwork and looked after emails and sorted them out." You snuggle your face into one of his hoodies and look at him through the screen.

"You are just the best. But you have to work enough, you don't have to work at home too. I mean cleaning and stuff, okay, but I can handle my paperwork." His voice is a little thick from the alcohol, he combs through his hair with his fingers.

"You could... But you hate it." You laugh shortly. "I miss you... I can't sleep when you're not here..."

"I know... But I will be home in two days. And I promise I'll reward you for being strong." He smirks and winks at you. "I have to get at least an hour of sleep, pumpkin..." He sighs and blows you a kiss through the phone. So do you.

Two days later you are waiting at home for Jacks return. As soon as you hear his key turn you run to the door. You want to jump at him but he has a big package in his arms.

"Whoa, easy pumpkin." He smiles and hands you the package. You look in it and let go a cry of joy.

"Oh my god, it's a puppy! It's a beagle isn't it?" You take the puppy out of the package and hold him tight to your chest.

"Yes it is, I remembered that you told me that you had one when you were a kid. So, what's his name?" He kisses you softly on the head and wraps his arms around you.

"How about Morty?" You smile and pet the dog on your arms. "Would you like that?"

"Well, perfect choice... And I hope that you could sleep better when I'm not home. Little Morty will fill the void and watch you." He kisses you on the nose and pets Morty before you celebrate him being home.