.CHAPTER 4

they say it's not true,
but my utopia, it
exists within you.

— ○ —

04 | f o u r.

Izumi was sitting in her room. The early sun's rays seeped through the curtains and into the room. They lit up the place dimly, but it was enough to gradually take away the young female's sleepiness. She abandoned the warmth of the bed  and went to the washroom to prepare for the day.

It has been a few weeks after Izumi got to know about the coup d'etat. The clan has been preparing secretly for it. Izumi's mother, Hazuki got to know about all the details. Sometimes she would share a few with the younger.

Izumi went downstairs to make herself breakfast. But she saw that her mother had already made some for her. Izumi didn't wonder much as she knew that Hazuki would be going out for work. Without thinking much, Izumi ate her food, got dressed and equipped, then headed out of the house. She went to do the thing she was slightly getting addicted to— training.

Recently, Izumi had been improving faster. She could use her Sharingan for longer now, and she didn't feel much tired as before. Yukiko and Tenma always helped her with training. Nowadays, Hazuki has been helping Izumi as well. Izumi always longed for some help from her mother as she knew that the woman was very strong and smart. Now that she finally got what she wanted, the brunette Uchiha was very grateful.

Even after having more help than before, the Uchiha female couldn't but think about Itachi and Shisui. When they were young, the two would help her train sometimes. They were very kind hearted. Izumi truly missed them, and she hated the fact that they barely met nowadays.

A few weeks passed like this, without any major problems. But then, all of a sudden, an incident occurred that shook every Uchiha in particular ways.

— ○ —

Izumi would usually train till sundown, but she decided to stop early that day. She felt like she needed a small break to gather energy. She went back home and started resting.

After about few hours, Izumi's mother came home. Like always, the younger cheered up like a child. She didn't like to stay alone at home.
"Mother! Welcome back," She greeted happily. "How was your day?"

"Izumi..." Hazuki mumbled her daughter's name, only loud enough for the two to hear. "Uchiha Shisui committed suicide today."

Izumi couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"We found his dead body about... 2 hours ago. There was a suicide note, that's the only thing that proves that he took his own life. But..." The elder stopped.

The younger gave her a look that pleaded the elder to continue.

Hazuki sighed, "We're suspecting Uchiha Itachi."

Izumi was more than devastated to hear the words that came from her mother's lips. The only question that roamed around her mind was, why? Why did Shisui commit suicide? Why would they suspect Itachi, when he cared about Shisui so much?

Suddenly it struck her. The brunette Uchiha remembered her mother mentioning how crucial Shisui's abilities were for the coup d'etat. She also remembered her mentioning that Shisui was against the plan.