.CHAPTER 7

standing beside him,
we watch the world move about.
he makes me happy.

— ○ —

07 | s e v e n.

"Izumi, wake up!"

"Hngg..."

The said girl slowly fluttered her eyes open, only to find that she was sprawled out on her futon while her mother called from outside the room to wake her up.

Izumi rubbed her eyes and sat up, trying to get the sleepiness off of herself. An intense urge to fall back down and go to sleep again rose throughout her figure, but she ignored it and got out of bed anyway.

Izumi washed up and got dressed before going downstairs for breakfast. "Sorry I slept in today, mother." She apologized, rubbing the back of her head.

"Oh, it's alright. At least you got to sleep properly. The last few days you were acting weird and constantly stressing over this thing about the dates going back.. It's nice to see that you're doing better now."

Izumi realized she hadn't explained everything to Hazuki, so now she decided to do it.

"Mother, the problem is completely sorted out now, thanks to Itachi and Shisui!" The petite girl cheerfully spoke. "The coup d'etat, Shisui's death, it all was a genjutsu cast upon me by the enemy to make me suffer!" She threw her hands up in the air.

"Calm down, girl. You seem to be happy that you suffered." Hazuki chuckled at her daughter. It's been a while since she's seen her this happy, so it made her heart warm up.

"I am happy! I'm happy that all those aren't real!" Izumi laughed. Her heart was fluttering at the thought of everything being fine.

"But those mere rogue ninjas cast a genjutsu that strong...?" Hazuki's smiling face turned into a worried one. "I need to report about this."

"Yeah.." Izumi's smile faded a bit as well. Truth be told, even the fact that such a threat was out there and could attack any moment, failed to make Izumi worried. She was that happy at that moment.

"Anyways, let's eat!"

"Yes!"

The two females sat down and enjoyed their food together.

"Mother, I've been thinking about something." Izumi suddenly spoke up.

"What is it, dear?" The elder one replied with enough curiosity.

"I want to take the Chuunin Exams." She said with sparkling eyes. "I've been training a lot since the genjutsu broke, and I can surely tell that my improving rates have increased. Mother, can you believe it? I can use my Sharingan for hours now, without passing out for once!"

Hazuki put her cup of tea down. She stared Izumi with wide eyes for a few seconds, then said, "Really?"

"Yes, mother! I think that at this rate, if I train some more, I'll be worthy enough to participate!" Izumi said enthusiastically.

"That's great! There are still three months before they start, so I think you have plenty of time?"

The excited girl was about to say something, but Hazuki cut her off and said, "But there's one problem.."

"What is it?"

"You know that recently I got promoted right? We thought it was supposed to be a good thing, but," The older female gave a sad smile. "I've been getting more and more missions nowadays. So I don't think I'll be able to help you.."