.CHAPTER 2

i'm the savior
not you, not anyone but
me, who was so weak.

— ○ —

02 | t w o.

"No using sensory skills, no using sensory skills.." The young Uchiha female muttered to herself continuously. Walking through the forest, she tried her best to hold her sensory powers in. Instead, her Sharingan was activated.

Izumi was going through Sharingan training at the moment. Hers was a lot weaker than the other Uchihas, and that's why she had to put so much effort in training. The rules were, she had to track her teammate, Yukiko using only her Sharingan. Her sensory skills were quite strong, so now she wasn't allowed to use them at all. If Izumi failed to find Yukiko before a set amount of time, she would have to spar with her and of course, win.

As Izumi thought, Yukiko suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The girl shouted, "Wind Style : Wind Dragon Bullet Jutsu!" A huge wind dragon appeared in front of the Uchiha. She decided she would evade the dragon and attack Yukiko, but she didn't see an opening. She tried dodging too but she failed; it only resulted into her gaining more damage. So she decided to use ninjutsu as well.

"Fire Style : Fireball Jutsu!" The large fireball escaped her mouth and clashed with the wind dragon. Wind always strengthens fire, so Izumi won in the small ninjutsu battle. However, as soon as the both jutsus disappeared, Izumi collapsed.

"Izumi!" Yukiko said. She was clearly panicking. She went over to the Raven girl and discovered that she had fainted. Yukiko sighed, then picked her friend up and started heading out of the forest.

— ○ —

"Eughh.." The inaudible, weird sound alerted the blonde female. She looked over to her best friend and saw that the girl was slowly waking up.

"Izumi, you're finally awake." Yukiko said, sitting in front of the said girl.

"Yeah... How long was I out for?"

"About an hour." Yukiko replied, handing Izumi a water bottle.

"Thank you," Izumi said and started drinking. She suddenly felt an urge to just let it out and cry. She failed to keep on fighting after using her Sharingan and ninjutsu, yet again. It made her feel so low that she wished she could just disappear. She was an Uchiha, but she was a disgrace to all of them.
"I failed again.." She said, her words followed by a sigh. Even after trying so much to stop it, a tear escape her eye.

"Izumi..." Yukiko frowned. She truly wanted to help Izumi with all she had, and to see her so sad made her sad as well. "You can't break down now. One day you're gonna learn to use your Sharingan like a master. Let's say we try again tomorrow?"

"No! We're gonna try again now! Today!" Izumi said like a stubborn child.

"Try to understand, silly. You're tired today. Tomorrow we're gonna try with full power, alright?"

Izumi sighed. She paused for a bit, then said, "Alright."

So the two resulted into walking to Izumi's home. Izumi's mother, Hazuki had insisted Yukiko to come inside and have some tea, but Yukiko said she would have to go and see her brother. So Izumi was alone with her mother again.