.CHAPTER 6

in the heavenly
light of a twilight, you left
but now, you're back home.

— ○ —

06 | s i x.

It's been about a few weeks after that incident. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary, except maybe how frequent Izumi met with Itachi and Shisui. Seeing Itachi would cheer her up instantly but whenever Shisui was around, she felt very upset. She didn't know what to feel about him being here.

Izumi desperately wished that Shisui hadn't committed suicide, but he already had. However, in this world, he hadn't yet. To prove that Izumi was in the correct dimension, Shisui would have to die soon. If he didn't, that would mean Izumi is in a different world, where she doesn't belong.

However, the Uchiha girl also took what Itachi had said into consideration. It could be that the world where the bad things happened isn't the one where she was supposed to be. Maybe this is the right world for her.

Everything was so confusing. And slowly through the confusion, the day when Shisui committed suicide arrived.

The brunette Uchiha was currently eating lunch with her mother. Nowadays, Hazuki had been very busy about work. It was natural, however, since she was a higher ranking ninja in the Konoha Police Force.

"Why did you suddenly decide to cook Sukiyaki, mother?" Izumi spoke, munching on her food. She really loved the mentioned food, but as it wasn't the easiest thing to prepare, she was curious.

"No reason, actually." Hazuki replied. "I haven't cooked something like this in a long time, so I figured that today I should."

Izumi smiled at her, nodding. She really loved and admired Hazuki. To the brunette, Hazuki was perfect. She was like a role model to the younger. Even after having a lot on her mind now, when Izumi spent some quality time with Hazuki, it cheered her up.

After lunch, Izumi decided to see if there was anyone she could hang out with. However, unfortunately almost everyone was busy. Itachi was on a mission, Sasuke was at school, Tenma was sick, Yukiko went to visit her relatives and Shisui was just nowhere to be seen.

An unknown feeling spread throughout Izumi's entire body and mind.

Does she want him dead?

Izumi was shocked at her own thoughts. She shook her head to clear what she was thinking. If Shisui died today, in a way that would be good news for her. She could be sure about being in the right dimension. But if Shisui didn't, that would mean that she definitely isn't in the right place. However, then, her favorite cousin would still be alive.

The young Uchiha didn't know what to do. But there was one thing she was completely sure about.

Her joys would know no bounds if Shisui got to live.

Feeling restless and impatient, Izumi decided to go to the cliff where Hazuki said that they found Shisui's body.

— ○ —

The brunette female's mood instantly worsened as she reached the place. It was awfully beautiful. A small waterfall ran down from the cliff. She stood at the end to take a look at it. It lest her breathless; it was absolutely beautiful.