Phantomhive

Y/N P.O.V

It's my second day at work and I'm helping out by dusting the shelves at the front of the shop. I heard the bell ring and immediately froze in place. We hadn't had a customer yet and Adrian hadn't told me what to do.

"Hehe, Young Earl what can I do for you this time?" Adrian's voice echoed from his coffin and I tried not to giggle. I looked at the boy and his butler and recognised them from somewhere.

"Do you have information on the missing children?" The young boy spoke.

"You know the price Earl." Suddenly a spider came down and I tried squatting it away but it crawled onto my hand causing me to squeal. All eyes darted to me as I tried to get the creepy creature off me. It was like time slowed down as I took a step backwards and fell off the later I was balancing on. God damned bad luck!
I fell backwards and prepared for impact but instead a pair of arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes to see a smirk and a pair of red eyes looking down at me.

"You need to be more careful m'lady. You could have been hurt." He smiled at me, but something about him seemed off.

"Get off her Michaelis." Adrian growled and I looked at him with pleading eyes. The butler placed me down and Adrian engulfed me in a warm hug.
"Are you ok Gem?" I nodded my head and hugged him back.
"Why don't you go in the back and make yourself some tea to calm yourself down, I'll be there in a minute." He kissed the top of my head and I scurried into the back, avoiding too much social interaction.
How did he get to me so fast? He was on the other side of the room...
I heard Adrian's laugh and then some hushed whispers before the door opening and closing again. Adrian came in and hugged me.

"Adrian? How did that butler get to me so fast? He was on the other side of the room?" He tended up before nodding his head.

"Do you believe in reapers and demons?" I shook my head, no.
"Hehe. I can guarantee you have met both." I looked at him confused.
"That butler, Sebastian Michaelis is a demon in a contract with Ciel Phantomhive. When their contract is complete, the butler will eat his masters soul and then go and find another master." I nodded my head, knowing Adrian wouldn't lie to me.

"Then who's the reaper?" He sighed.

"That my Gem, would've me. A retired Grim Reaper, or Shinigami as some prefer to call us." My eyes widened.
"Don't worry love, I won't hurt you." He said, probably noticing the fear in my eyes.
"In fact... Would you be my girlfriend?"