Chapter 5

I woke up to find the maids outfit I had worn yesterday neatly hanging from the dresser. So this isn't a dream. I stood up and stretched my way to the window  taking a look of the outside of the castle. To my surprise it looked like something put of a dark fairytale. Black trees, crows, dead plants taking over statues and fountains it was almost pretty in a way. I opened the door to see a bunch of women walking back and fourth through the hallways and chatting. It looked like a sorority. I closed the door and made my way to the bathroom searching through cabinets high and low for a toothbrush and toothpaste. I scoffed taking a bush of water in my mouth and spitting it repeatedly. Disgusting. I looked over to my left to see a bar of soap wrapped as if this was some kind of hotel. I grabbed it and started unbuttoning my shirt "A bird bath is better than no bath"I washed up and changed into the  maids/ servant outfit which appeared to be fresh. It was an ankle length black dress that came with stockings and black shoes. I wiped off my foundation that had gone cakey and oily leaving the eye makeup that hadn't gone bad yet along with my red lipstick although I could've used a retouch. I walked out and chose a girl to follow which lead me to a room completely made out of wood, wooden tables, wooden staircase, "Where am I?"I asked the girl who turned to face me. "Our rest area"She said making her way towards the refrigerator. I sat down on a table looking around like a lost puppy.

"Do you know where Paige is?"I asked standing up confronting her again, she rolled her eyes at me annoyed "She's the Masters personal servant

"Do you know where Paige is?"I asked standing up confronting her again, she rolled her eyes at me annoyed "She's the Masters personal servant. Find him and you'll find her"She answered while opening a bottle of water. I walked out doing my best to remember my way to Damons room. I found myself in a hallway I didn't remember being on the tour. I looked back to see if I should go back "Clumsy"I heard as I bumped into someone knocking myself over. I looked up to see the man that bit me yesterday "Well you're alive"He said holding out his hand to help me up. Leaving him hanging I pushed myself up continuing my way down the hallway. "The names Marcus, and you are?" He catches up to me pulling on my shoulder to face him. "I only answer to my master"I felt so weird saying it but it was only to get him to lay off. Turning back finally making my way to somewhere familiar. "Honey I'm your masters brother" he said staying behind. From a distance I spotted Damon and behind him Paige holding a book the size of my arm. I quickly ran towards a table and pulled out a rag I brought from my bathroom. I began wiping the table keeping my eyes on them. Suddenly I hear glass breaking making them turn around. I stare at the table just to see a vase scattered on the floor. Before I could react Damon was already leaning against the wall beside the table staring me down. "Good morning" I smiled sarcastically leaning down. "Why are you spying on me?"He asked leaning down and taking the rag from me. "I was not. Believe it or not I was trying to avoid you as much as I could"I was obviously lying but he didn't need to know that. He laid the rag and began placing shards of the vase in the middle of the rag. "You did a nice job doing that".
I rolled my eyes and just as I straightened them out I had his hand on my throat. It was weird, he didn't have a grip not even a bit of pressure. "That's the last time you roll your eyes at me"He waited ten seconds to eventually let go and stand. "That's the last time you put your hands on my throat"I stood up bravely just to be brought back down by his mean glare. "There are roaches crawling literally all over your castle by the way, there was one crawling on that vase. You're welcome" I walked off watching another servant make her way to the pile of glass. 
A few moments passed and I found myself back to the library and I was completely fine with that. I sat lonely on the single round table in the middle of the room. I closed my eyes and laid my head down against the table wondering what my family must've been doing or thinking, I don't get to call them or see them ever right? I'd rather be dead to them then have them wonder why I'm avoiding them. Eventually I fell asleep just to be woken up by the sound of glass shattering in what seemed to be the room beside the library I stood up and walked towards a random shelf picking out a random book. The cover was red and leather and in the middle had almost a lock that needed a key shaped as a heart. On the top of the lock in big words read "Diary". I attempted to open the book considering the lock seemed weird but failed miserably.