Chapter 6

"Alright, so your father has sent me to dress you as a king for tonight"A man walked in dressed as if he was an owner of a billion dollar company that made scarfs. "Since when does he want me to get dressed up for a meal?"Damon asked. When the word "Meal" was mentioned I automatically began questioning if I was the meal or if any other human was. But for some reason Damon looked at me quickly and gave me a look that made me felt safe. Sitting up I watched as the man pulled out classic tuxedos finely pressed with what appeared to be silk handkerchiefs hanging from the chest pocket. "That's really dapper"I stood up and walked toward the rack smiling at some of the options. "I'm sorry did I miss something?"The man looked at me confused then looked over at Damon for clarification. "I just compelled her to act comfortable around me". I looked over at him wondering if it was the truth or if he just lied to make it seem like I was just a servant to him Am I?. "I'm Isabell"I stuck out my hand surprised at the fact he shook it smiling. His hand was warm which just meant to me that he was just like me. Human. I quickly realized the possibilities in my head What if he chose to be here? He seems almost friendly with Damon and doesn't seem to force it. Almost like me. "Tristian pronounced Tris-tee- annnn" I greeted him with a smile as Damon watched awkwardly. "Okay so what am I wearing?"Damon asked pulling out a navy blue silky textured suit. I nodded agreeing with the choice while Tristian held it up against Damons chest wondering. "I think you'll step mother would like it"He added handing it to him and pointing to the bathroom. Damon walked over to the bathroom closing the door behind him. "Step mother?"I asked making my way to the edge of Damons bed and sitting. "Yeah, Damons dad has been looking for a new wife for centuries. I honestly think he's been searching for someone who is as wonderful as Damons mother. I personally don't think he'll find someone as perfect as Mary" Tristian explained spilling all of the gossip. "I mean the only reason Damon is with Rebekah is because he doesn't want what happened to his dad happen to him. Love is basically a curse in their family"He added. I tilted my head trying to understand "Curse?". Tristian walked over to the couch and laid back slowly. "Damons mother was human. In the process of giving birth to him she was dying, so his father made the choice of turning her. It's something she never wanted to happen. She went crazy, began falling into witchcraft and dark magic. Soon enough she had no humanity left in her, she was ready to kill her own son to gain power. Damons father killed her before she could, but before he could she had casted a spell. If Damon falls in love with a human she will die and the spell will be broken, but he will never recover, just like his father". It was so much to take in, who knew that there was so much more to Damon and his life. "What if he never loves?"I asked taking myself back to the night he was a monster. "His urge to feed will get stronger each day, which is why he's been flying through servants"Tristian answered making me feel uncomfortable. I stood up and walked to the door getting ready to leave when I hear the bathroom door open. I turn around to see Damon looking like a man you'd only see on the bachelor. "Are you leaving?"He asked walking to the middle of the room while Tristian made touch ups to his suit. "Well I just think you already have so much on your plate tonight with your dad. And I actually forgot that Paige and I were going to paint our rooms" As I opened the door I looked back processing everything I've learned. I closed the door behind me and turned around running into Paige "Come on I need you to help me"I pulled her by the arm and began walking towards the library.
"What are we doing here Isabell?"I closed the huge door behind me and walked towards the book case where I last saw the book that Rebekah was looking for.
"I was just told the story about Damons mother and the curse"I explained scanning through the cases. "Yeah what about it?". I sighed frustrated noticing it wasn't where I had left it. Dammit. "Don't you feel bad?"I asked as she made her way toward the table. "Why would I feel bad?". I looked over at her with a bitch face, "We won't be alive much longer if he doesn't find someone to love"I sat at the table beginning to brainstorm. "Well, that's true but his family has arranged so many eligible women to come to the castle and he refuses to see them all. Well except Rebekah". In my mind I thought of the consequences he'd go through for marrying Rebekah. "We would be the first thing she kills off here"I said rolling my eyes remembering my encounter with her earlier. We both ran behind the stair case as we heard the door open. In walked in Tristian with his rack of clothing "Isabella!"He whispered looking around. I walked out confused "Weren't you helping him with his wardrobe?"I asked making my way back to the table. Tristian took a seat staring at me. "Girl it's you" He squealed reaching out and pulling on my arm. "What do you mean?"I asked pulling my arm back and standing. He looked at me as if I was playing dumb. NO. "Wait me? He doesn't like me like that , and to be honest I don't feel like dying at this age". I watched both Paige and Tristian's eyes light up looking up at me. "Please you're the first servant that he's given the time of day to. I would try but I just promised my man I wouldn't cheat"Tristian said standing up and twirling my hair walking around me examining. "It'll be like a heroic sacrifice, I'll name my kid after you"Paige added. I rolled my eyes as I sat back down "There is no way his dad would approve. I'm not exactly bachelorette quality".
"Neither was Cinderella hunny". Tristian walked over to the rack of clothing and began. Pulling out dresses. "You're going to this feast, and you're going to look as good as it"He added excitedly.

I took a deep breath standing up as straight as I could. I was as confident as ever but a dance was mentioned last minute. From afar Tristian and Paige watched. The feast was being held outside in the backyard garden. I took a deep breath and looked over at the table. "You can do this"I whispered to myself. Finally I took the first step and the step after that. Looking down nervously admiring the gold at the edge of the my gown.

It grew completely silent as my foot touched the last step

It grew completely silent as my foot touched the last step. I looked up to see Damon smirking secretly while his father stared. "You dress up your food now?"Rebekah said breaking the silence. "Sorry to intrude. I just came here to ask the Master for permission to be able to go to the dance this evening"The wind blowed gently pulling my dress back as if I was in a movie. Damons dad looked over to Damon confused. "Your servant has no decency" The women beside him said. I believe it was Damons step mother who stared the hardest with a hateful glare. "This is why they never last more than a week" Damon said as he took a sip of his drink ignoring me. They all soon continued to eat leaving me standing stupidly. Before I could walk away Damon leaned over and placed a kiss on Rebekah's lips. I felt like trash like if I was in high school and got my heart broken. I turned around and took a deep breath as I made my way to the top of the stairs. "I told you" I whispered kicking off the heels and handing them to Tristian. I stormed my way back inside watching servants begin to bring things to the throne room where the small royal dance would be held. "What exactly happened?"Paige and Tristian walked close behind me. "It was like a scene from a movie about bullying. The nerd girl dresses up and finally confronts the guy she likes and gets turned down horribly and goes to her room to ball her eyes out"I explained sarcastically as I made my way toward the kitchen. "What's to eat around here?" I opened the huge fridge just to see packs of blood neatly pilled. I don't even want to know what's in the freezer. "You shouldn't be hungry"Paige said closing the fridge door. I snapped back to myself trying to comprehend why I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning when life was normal. "Umm why am I not hungry?"I asked as I began to take the bobby pins out of my hair letting it fall to it's original length. Tristian grabbed all the pins shoving them in his pocket. "We've been spelled not to be. That way we don't gain weight and have cost for more food. You can eat, you just don't need to"Paige explained leaning over the counter. "Doesn't that go against everything scientific?". Tristian laughed "Science doesn't matter when you have magic on your side".
I sighed as we began making our way back to the library where I left my clothes. On our way there we passed by Marcus who was shocked to see me in something other than my uniform. I flipped my hair as we passed by him, from the corner of my eye I could see him staring and it made me blush just a bit..