Chapter 9

I was told to wait for Damon at what was called "entry" big tall gothic styled doors with what seemed to be breathing handles. I looked closely at the handles as steam came off them, was it some sort of mechanism to keep us inside? Or was it just some kind of supernatural normality here. I looked over to the window beside it, outside there seemed to be tall gates and before them stood tall bushes with auburn leaves. The sky seemed other worldly, the small window in my room only allowed me to see the grassy floor outside and occasionally the shoes of people passing by. The sky was dark blue with hints of purple and black amongst it. It looked like their was a meteor shower, but unlike normal ones, this one appeared to never end. Although the sky was dark the moon was huge and provided so much light that it almost looked as If it was evening. It looked almost peaceful.  The castle almost never loud or even a tad bit noisy, the silence could make anyone go insane. I heard footsteps approach from behind me making me snap back to see Damon all dressed up. "You ready?"He asked holding the door knob. "Yeah"I responded. He opened the door and it was pitch black out but i could see red dots everywhere, looked like eyes. I quickly realized it was other vampires watching my every move. "They won't hurt you"He said pulling me towards a car opening it's door for me. "Okay"I said feeling unsure. "Where are we going?"I asked as he drove away. The gates opened up and he sped out. He looked over at me. "A party". "Is there at least humans at this party?"I asked. "There might be. But not for long "He answered with a small smirk. "Is this some kind of sick way to get rid of me?"I asked in an irritated tone. "If I wanted you to be dead Isabel you would already be". I sat back looking out the window. It almost seemed like another planet, the trees were covered in what seemed to be fireflies  instead of leaves. The ground was covered in tall grass. The castle must've been far out from everything else considering nothing was in sight 20 minutes into the drive. We rode silently and all I could think about was the words I was going to use to stand up to him. But more importantly when I should use them. "Hold on" He grunted. I watched him switch his card into sport and place both hands on the steering wheel. The engine roared in excitement and I could hear the exhaust loudly pop in the back. "What the hell are you doing?!"I yelled as I held onto my seatbelt. "Do me a favor? Close your eyes?" He responded keeping his eyes forward. Why not?. I closed my eyes and attempted to take a deep breath expecting impact. A few seconds go by and I no longer felt pushed towards my seat. I looked up realizing the familiar setting. "Welcome back home" Damon whispered as I sat in shock. I looked left and right watching as other cars began surrounding us, the street lights began showing up in the distance. I wish I had kept my eyes open. "What the hell was that?"I asked catching myself smiling from excitement. "Magic"He said as we began slowing down. We pulled up to a huge building with LED neon lights reading "Sinister". A club was the first thought that came to mind. Their was a long line of people across the side of the building; the unavoidable bouncer at the entrance and to the left people taking pictures . "A club? This was your one night to change my mind and you choose to bring me to a club?"I looked over at him while he smirked devilishly. "It's not like any club you've been to before. Do me a favor? Smile for the pictures"The doors opened and we both stepped out. I watched Damon make his way around the car towards me then placing his hand on my Lower back guiding me in. The bouncers didn't even look twice before opening the doors. We were close enough to the speakers to feel the music vibrate beneath our feet. As he opened another door the music went silent, I could hear a piano playing from a distance and loud conversations muffled around me. "What. The" Damon covered my mouth as we stood in a pitch black setting. My eyes attempted to adjust but couldn't. "What kind of music would you like to listen to?"He whispered asking. Damon moved his hand from my mouth and I quickly whispered "pop". I began rubbing my eyes trying to get them to adjust. But as soon as I opened my eyes I was somewhere else. The only way I could explain it is If I was teleported into a club. I looked around at everyone who danced as If nothing ever happened. "I didn't know you liked pop"He said appearing in front of me and extending his hand out. "I don't, it's just the first thing that came to mind"I replied still looking around spooked. Before I could take his hand I was gently pushed to the side by a gorgeous blonde "Well If you're not up for it, don't mind if I do"She reached her hand and held onto Damon who pulled her to the dance floor. I rolled my eyes watching as they began to dance. Behind them I spotted a bar score. I gently made my way through the crowd trying not to piss anyone off. I finally reached the bar and took a seat watching behind me for any sign of Damon. I took a deep breath trying to take it all in. What did he mean when he said "not for long". Does that include me?. A female bartender walked over to me with a smirk "What will the princess have?"She asked loudly making her way in front of me and leaning in. "Poison"I said sighing. She proceeded to pour bourbon into two glass cups keeping her eyes on me.

"You're one of them too aren't you?"I picked up the glass and shot it down

"You're one of them too aren't you?"I picked up the glass and shot it down. I shook my head trying to shake the burning sensation from my throat. "An Unattractive walking corpse? I'm offended " She drank her glass and turned around facing the wall of bottles. "So you're human?"I asked raising my eyebrows. It would be the first human I've stumbled upon outside of the castle. "Not exactly"She turned around facing me and her eyes glowed a bright yellow. "She's a hound"A man sitting beside me said as he laughed drunkenly. I looked back at her as she nodded smiling. "Humans say werewolves"She added. I sat up squinting "Why am I not surprised"I smiled