Chapter 1

Emma's point of view

I put my phone down after texting Lexi. I was in shock. My brother was alive.

I sat down on my bed and stared at the ground, thinking about what would happen once he got here.

But, then I realized I had to go tell mom and dad.

I ran into their bed room as it was 7:45 in the morning. Dad was still asleep and Mom was reading a book in bed.

I stood in their doorway and said, " I need to talk to you,"

" Is it important? In a couple minutes, we have to drop Sebastian off at daycare and then, you and your father have Hamilton," Mom says, putting her book down.

"Not today actually," I say, reminding my mother that is Monday. No shows on Monday!

" oh right," Vanessa says, getting out of bed as Sebastian cries.

I wait in their room as Dad wakes up slowly. " what are you doing here, E?"

" I need to talk to you and Mom but Sebastian started crying. " I say, fake whining.

" just tell me and we can tell V after," Dad said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

" okay, well... you know my bio brother, Tom?" I asked, walking over to the bed.

" yeah," Dad said, his attention being drawn to me.

" well, Lexi texted me and he was trying to find me and I invited him over here," I spit out while Mom walks in with Sebastian on her hip.

" What?" Dad said, shocked.

" Why? What if it is just the press?" mom asked as she laid Sebastian on the comforter.

" I thought about that. Lexi sent me a picture. It looks exactly like I remember him but a tiny bit older. " I say.

" What I don't understand is why you want to meet him?" Dad asks with disbelief.

I looked at the ground and frowned.

" Yeah, aren't you happy here?" Mom questions.

" of course I am. But, I've met my father and he was horrible. But my mom died? I just want to know a little about where I Come from," I say, tears welling up in my eyes.

Mom pulls me into a hug and says, " I understand. But, you should've come to us first. Maybe we could have set up a meeting,"

" okay, I'm sorry, " I say, wiping away my tears. Then, the doorbell rings.

Here we go