Chapter 2.

Annie's POV

"Annie? Julianna? Anna Grace!" I heard someone calling.

"No one calls me Anna Grace! Only my family!" I yelled, turning around to find myself face to face with Jake.

"Sorry, I just heard someone say your name was Julianna Grace, and I kinda came up with Anna Grace on my own," Jake explained as he sat next to me. "I didn't know it was a family thing, I'm sorry."

I nodded and felt a small tear come out of my eye. I quickly wiped it away, but Jake saw it.

"Annie? What's wrong?" Jake asked, obviously concerned.

"My brother used to call me Anna Grace sometimes, and...he's dead." I said quietly.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Jake said apologetically as he hugged me.

"It's okay." I replied as I hugged him back. I felt weird saying this, but I felt like I had a special connection with Jake...

"Annie? Jake?" Katie called as she came over. "You guys just left the game!"

"I didn't want to play with you anymore." I admitted with a harsh tone.

Katie rolled her eyes. "Like I wanted to play with you?"

"You could've gone kayaking with the others! But you chose to—"

"Okay! Enough!" Jake exclaimed as he stood in between us. "How about we sit down and let you two talk this out? We're going to be here for two weeks, and I don't want to hear you two fighting everyday for thirteen more days."

"Fine." Katie and I groaned as we all headed back to the cabin.

Katie sat on a chair by herself across from Jake and I, who sat on the couch. Jake cleared the scrabble game off the coffee table before clearing his throat.

"So, let's start with the basics of your problems; how did you two end up like this?" Jake asked.

"Look, Jake, you're not a psychiatrist, you don't need to ask these ridiculous questions—" Katie began as she stood up.

"Katie, sit down please." Jake demanded as he stared at her.

Katie rolled her eyes and sat back down. "Fine. After Annie's brother died, I told her that I had a crush on him, and that started a chain of several fights after that. And those fights led up to how we are today."

"Like..?" Jake questioned.

"At one point, Annie had liked my brother—"

"No, I didn't!" I interrupted Katie.

"Yes, you did! You didn't really mind the Brannie stuff because you liked him!" Katie said.

"No I did not!" I shouted.

"Yes you did!" Katie shouted back before turning to Jake. "See, Jake? This is how it all started."

Jake sighed. "The only way you can fix this is if you apologize to each other. I can't do anything to help you two."

Katie and I just stared into our laps as Jake sat around and waited for us to apologize to each other; I didn't think I did anything wrong, so I wasn't apologizing first. But Katie is so stubborn, she won't apologize either.