Telling The Family

*Y/N P.O.V*

I was woken up to Zayn cuddling me with his chin on my shoulder. In my sleepy state I gave a lazy smile to him and turned over to face him.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Zayn said smirking, I let out a small giggle.

I always end up waking up late!

"Morning baby, happy birthday!" I said as I kissed him.

"Ugh I feel so old," Zayn groaned.

"Come on we have to get up our families will be coming soon and we still need to get ready and make food as well as announcing our engagement," I frowned realizing we had so much to do before the guests come. I quickly got up and headed for the bathroom and Zayn walked behind me.

"I think we should shower together to save time," Zayn said wiggling his eyebrows, I laughed.

"Ok but no funny business we have a party to organize before all of our families come," I said.

*5 Minutes Later*

We finally finished having a shower and got ourselves ready. We didn't want the party to be formal so I decided to wear this:

Because Zayn was taking a very long time I decided to start making lunch so that it would be ready when the guests arrived

Because Zayn was taking a very long time I decided to start making lunch so that it would be ready when the guests arrived. I was in the middle of making the lunch when Zayn finally came down to the kitchen to help me. Well kind of helped me he kept distracting me by kissing my bare shoulders.

After what felt like hours we finally finished making lunch and soon the guests would start arriving. The first to arrive were mum, dad and Poppy, they came and hugged me and Zayn.

"How are you sweetie, it's been I while since I've seen you," Mum said.

"Mum it's only been 2 weeks," I laughed she waved me off and decided to help me set up the table. I heard the doorbell ring again and this time it was Trisha, Doniya, Waliyha, Safaa and Zayn's dad, Yaser.

"Hi Y/N how are you?" Doniya said while hugging me.

"I'm good how about you?" I said back.

"I'm good too has my little brother been behaving?" She said, I started laughing and told her kind of.

"Lunch is ready guys," Zayn said from behind me. The girls when to the dining room while Zayn wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear.

"I know a way of telling the family that we are engaged. My family have never been to that garden so we can show them pictures and we will 'accidentally' show them our picture after we got engaged," Zayn said.

"Ok we'll see if it works," I said we all sat around the table and started to eat lunch. Trisha made a cake for Zayn so we all decided to sing happy birthday to Zayn. We were now in the living room talking about random things.

"So Y/N have you and Zayn been on a date recently," Waliyha asked. I told her the whole story about the scavenger hunt leaving out the part of Zayn proposing to me.

"We've never been to the Chelsea Physic Garden do you have any pictures of it?" Trisha asked intrigued to see it.

"I don't have any pictures on my phone but Zayn does. The garden is really beautiful we've been there twice and it still catches my breath," I said. Zayn went off to get his phone and came back showing the pictures I walked to Trisha as well. I saw Zayn 'accidentally' show the engagement photo.

"Well that is all the pictures I have," Zayn said while looking towards me, winking at me.

"Wait! What is on Y/N's finger!" after she said that everyone gathered around looking at the picture.

"Oh my god! Zayn proposed to Y/N!" Poppy squealed while running up to me and hugged me.

"Yes, I did propose to my beautiful girlfriend Poppy," Zayn said. Everybody started congratulating us.

"So when do you two plan to have the wedding," Mum said in excitement.

"We were thinking probably next year in the winter because I think it would look cool," I said and Zayn agreed with me.

"Well congratulations again on the engagement," Trisha said hugging me. I saw Yaser talking to Zayn and giving him a pat on the back. I excused myself to go talk to mum.

"I know why you made all those excuses of my biological parents because you wanted me to find out after I got engaged," I said my mum looked at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry honey, I wanted to tell you for a long time but I had to wait or the ring wouldn't have been a surprise and I did know your mother for 30 minutes while we were waiting in the waiting room she was 3 months pregnant with you and me and David were still trying to conceive," Mum said.

"Mum it's ok thank you for taking me in on that day," I said while hugging her.

"No! thank you for understanding," Mum said. Zayn came up to me and hugged me from behind.

"You did good babe," Zayn said.

"I love you Zayn," I said kissing him, before he could reply Waliyha came.

"Y/N let's see the engagement ring," She said.

"You already saw it in the picture," Zayn groaned.

"Yea but we want to see it in real life," Safaa said behind Waliyha. They dragged me back into the living room to show everyone.

I can't wait until we get married!

A/N- Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment, Vote and Follow.- Laila XXX