him.

him;

                          "Am I more than you
                             bargained for yet."

                   - Fall Out Boy, Sugar We're Going Down

        "Tomorrows the last day of school until Spring Break. I heard Fredrick is holding the biggest party of the year!" Jacob cheered before taking a sip of the beer in his hand.

         "Biggest party of the year my ass." I muttered, putting my head into my hands. My head hurt for some odd reason. I told Jacob about it and he just joked around about it, thought it was funny. I laughed along with him; for now I'm shaking off the problems with me. I'm just coughing up with the flu.

        "Have more enthusiasm, Luke. Jeez." his voice echoed through the sunset. Cars zoomed underneath the bridge we stood on. And kids of multiple ages walked by. "What've you been up to lately?"

         "I don't even know anymore, Jaz. I mean there is this one girl, but-- I don't know."

       "Ooh, a girl. Who?" Jacob elbowed me in the rib cage. I flinched as a shock of pain flashed inside. "Sorry."

          "No one."

          "Is it Hannah?"

           "No. Why would I go back to that trash?" I asked taking a sip of the beer once again. The liquid rushed through my body; the cold rush making my head feel better, even if it was for a few seconds.

          "I was just wondering."

           "Well stop." I came out harsher then planned. Jacob twitched back, his face not amused by my actions.

          "What the hell is up with you? You've been off lately."

       "Nothing, Jacob. I'm fine." I groaned placing the beer next to my foot. The pain in my ribs shocked through to my toes again, this time feeling a hundred times worst.

        "You're not fine, Lucas. Look at yourself." Jacob continued, cutting off my next 'I'm seriously okay'. "You have bags underneath your eyes. You don't know what you're doing with life. You're hooked on cigarettes and everything else worse for yourself. No wonder why your mother --"

        "Woah Buddy, don't even start with my mother!" I growled, ignoring the pain. I stood up and grabbed my board from underneath my feet. "When you're done being a total dickhead, that's when you can come talk to me."

           "I'm just looking out for my best friend."

         "No, you're making matters worst. I do what I do for a reason and if you can't accept that then get out of my life."

        "Do you not see what you're doing to yourself Lucas! You're dying and you can see it on the outside and inside. How is that a helpful to you in anyway?"

           "Because I've been waiting years to be where I am today."

           "Killing yourself."

            "You've finally noticed, Jacob. Congratulations on actually using your head for once."

              "Lu--"

             "Don't ever talk to me again or I'll make sure that I'm not the only one dying." Pushing my foot to the ground, I pushed off the bridge. My skateboard followed my actions and rolled it's way down the walkway. People moved away as they must've overheard the yelling that happened moments ago.