Chapter 4: "Surprise, Surprise"

Loki

I finally had time to rest. I stretched around soft pillows and realized how heavy my body felt. I smile with my eyes closed and move to the other side, accidentally pushing my arm next to the surface where switches were. At that time, a bright light urged me to open my eyes. Suddenly, I'm squinting at the ray of light as the curtains slowly move. I jump from the bed watching it.

Carefully, I looked around, anticipating a figure to appear. But the curtains stopped and no one had shown themselves. I glance back at the switch and press it again, and the curtains are being drawn. Impressive.

I stood up lazily from the bed and thought about wearing the grey shirt. I decided to slip on the shirt anyway and wore my pants as well.

Before leaving my chambers, I noticed how there were two doors. I turned to the other door and slowly held its steel, cold knob. As I turned it, I came to realize that it was a room for bathing.

Once I stepped in, I was startled by my own reflection. Alice's house is full of wide mirrors. It's quite nice but not when I'm seeing an exhausted and banished god.

A steel material sat on top of a small circular basin. I turned it to the left but nothing happened. Tried to turn it to the right and nothing. Agitated, I pulled it upwards, making the water sprout all over me. I heavily slammed my hand on it, ceasing the waterworks.

***

Alice

I was browsing the newspaper with a cup of coffee, pretending that all was well. Because at the time, it seemed the world was fine. It was weird how no one was reporting anything about Loki. Then again, the guy's in my condo.

Do you know how weird it is to have the world's meanest villain in your house, walking around and talking like he won't snap my neck? I do.

And that's why I'm glad I'm a writer. I put down the newspaper and begin typing away.

Seconds later, Loki rushed out of his room. I looked up from the laptop screen and noticed the pissed look on his face...and his wet grey shirt sticking to his skin. I shook my head and grabbed my cup of coffee, knowing full well he was just going to complain.

"Look what that awful invention has done to me!" He aggressively pulled his shirt off,

When I glanced back at him, I almost choked. I quickly put the mug down, staring at his... perfect.. body.

Oh, my God. What am I even thinking?! I looked away, "What happened to you?"

"That thing ruptured on me." He says,

"The sink?" I asked as-a-matter-of-factly.

"The sink." He repeated at a tone like he just found out his enemy's name.

"Very well, then, I want that out of this place now. It has caused me trouble." He sayed as he raised his head high,

"Then get a plumber," I chortled, standing from my seat.

He raised an eyebrow, "What?"

I quickly shot him a stern look, "No one is taking that away from my house. You guys have that in your place, come on." I said, walking away to look for a new shirt that can fit him. I can't stand him while he's shirtless.

"Who would invent such a terrible thing?" He asks after a scoff,

I was still a bit lost, staring at his abs... Who would not? He had such a perfect body... Oh, no. No. No. I have to snap out of this.

I threw a shirt at him and he caught it with one hand. "Wear that and stop showing off your body," I pretend to be irritated. "I bought that when they started selling merch for the Avengers. My size was sold out so I had to buy whatever was available for remembrance." I laughed.

"Oh, I am not wearing this. Are you trying to humiliate me?" He sounded furious.

I grabbed my bag saying, "Yes you are wearing that, and no, I am not trying to embarrass you".

I opened the door widely then looked at him. "Oh, wear this too," I said, throwing the sunglasses for him to catch.

"I have a strong feeling that this was all your plan." He said looking at me.

"What plan?"

He stepped closer, "To get me wet, to make me wear this 'Avengers club' shirt!"

I chuckled, "I did—" I tried to keep a straight face, "—I did not." 

"Really?"

"Really."

He begrudgingly wore the shirt, as I slowly dragged my eyes away from him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I smirked at him, saying, "We're going to the mall."