Chapter 15: "Keep Your Eyes Open"

Alice

   Loki and I head out and ate lunch at the hill uptown where we first had that little argument back then. It was great to reminisce memories, brushing off the thought that he's leaving. I know he's planning to call on Thor.

We came back to the park where we originally met. He held my hand as we stroll around the park. Some were staring, while some didn't care at all. We tried to just ignore the people and have fun, but I caught him looking worried. He says that he's just remembering the old times.

He said he was okay. I hope he was telling the truth.

We went to the beach, by sunset. We sat on the sandy shore, watching the sun set, slowly. I saw an Ice cream stand, and asked him if he wanted some. I stood up and left him there, waiting until I came back.

My feet drown in the sand with every step I take until I reached the truck. Doing things together might help him feel better. I smile as my eyes glance over a man we used to make fun of once. I hovered over the side and I think I just saw Synthia by the shore, going down from one of those big black cars.

*

Loki

   I sat there, fond of the water reaching out at my feet. I stare at the sky which was slowly turning dark. My thoughts fade when something familiar came flashing. The tessaract. Its strands and rays of lightning hit the right shore, I stand up, and step away. I knew that something was about to happen. Thor used it to see me again, and it's inevitable.

"Heimdall wanted me to warn you," Thor says walking toward me.  

"Get away from me." I say with a distinct voice,

Alice suddenly runs to me, she gasps. She must be terrified, "Loki!" she shouts,

"Alice, don't." I tell her, still standing on my feet.

"Who is she?" Thor asks, tilting his head a bit.

Thunderclaps roar in the sky,

*

Alice

   My eyes widen seeing Thor standing in front of me. There must be something wrong, something Loki hasn't been telling me. Or maybe, he finally had the guts to call for him.

"I'm Alice." I say, "What's wrong?" I ask Thor, fiercely.

Loki had that look on his face again. He sighs.

"I am Thor." He introduces himself, sounding very inquiring.

"I know." I reply then I look at Loki, "What's going on?"

Loki turns to face Thor, "You must leave, Thor. I am trying to live a normal life here, just like you wanted." Loki gestures his hands, spreading them.

"Brother, Heimdall told me that something is about to happen. It will cause trouble-" And before Thor could finish his sentence, Fury came out of nowhere.

"Something wrong, gentleman?" He asked, with his hand on his waist.

Then I saw Synthia, standing near the cars. She looked worried. I stepped away, trying to walk closer to see if it was her.

I was confused and terrified at the same time.

"What is Loki doing here, Thor? I thought you 'banished' him away?" Fury interrupted.

"Father and I exiled him here, without anything in hand. There is nothing to worry about." Thor explained.

Loki kept silent. I stood there, listening to them.