Chapter 1

"MOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed, jumping up and down in frustration.

"I'm trying to order tickets, honey," she explained calmly as if my whole life didn't depend on her screwing up right now. "It's not that easy."

"ITS THE SIMPLEST THING IN THE WORLD!"I shouted back.

"I don't like that you're yelling at me," she scolded, still trying to remain calm.

"MOMMMMMMM FOCUS!"

For weeks, I had been bugging her about buying these tickets. Magcon was finally coming to New Jersey and if I didn't get to see them I would scream. She had always said no but when I told her tickets went on sale tomorrow, she finally gave in. So here I was relying on the most technologically challenged person to buy tickets for me and my best friend Leah.

My phone started playing "Flights" by Jack and Jack, which of course was my ringtone. I pulled it out of my pocket and hit answer without even checking who it was.

"What?!" I screamed into the receiver a bit more harshly than I intended.

"Well, hello to you too," Leah laughed on the other end.

"LEAH! Did your mom get tickets?" I asked anxiously. Both of our moms agreed to try and get tickets since chances are only one of them would be able to. I had full faith in Leah's mom right now.

"Welllllll..." Even before she said it, I could hear in her tone that we had the tickets.

"Oh my SHIT!" I screamed into the phone as I received a death glare from my mother. But I ignored her because I couldn't believe that we were actually going to Magcon.

"What are we going to wear?" Leah, always the practical one, inquires.

"We should dress like sluts to get them to notice us," I suggested, half joking but also partly serious.

"Sam," her tone told me that she did not agree with my idea.

"Samantha! You are not dressing like a slut anywhere!" My mom scolded.

"Mommm, I was joking," I laughed as I exited the office and made my way to the safety of my bedroom. I could hear Leah laughing on the other end.

"I can't believe your mom still thinks you're innocent," Leah said still laughing.

"I'm really good at hiding things," I smirked. "All those other guys are just practice for when I get the chance to sneak Jack Gilinsky into my bedroom."

"Yeah, right," Leah started laughing even harder, which made me start laughing.

"What are we even laughing at?" I asked in between my laughing fit.

Leah suddenly silenced on the other end. "I actually don't know," she said completely serious.

And this of course made us laugh uncontrollably once again.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next day, Leah and I were occupying her entire kitchen with various clothing items and arts and crafts materials to make the perfect Magcon outfit. We currently had black t-shirts, white bandanas and denim shorts that we wanted to customize.

"Should we make the t-shirts for all of them or just our favorite boy?" I asked picking up one of the fabric markers and examining it.

"I would say all of them and then we can write the name of our favorite on the bandana," Leah suggested as she examined one of the t-shirts. "Are the markers going to work on here?"