Chapter 7

I couldn't believe it was already Thursday. So much had happened in the last few days and I was so caught up in the moment I didn't even realize Jack and the rest of the boys would by gone on Sunday.

But we were going to enjoy our time together while we could. Leah and I wanted to take the boys to the boardwalk and Victoria and Derrick wanted to tag along.

Jack, Derrick, Victoria and I all decided to carpool and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. And this was why:

Derrick: Do you think there are hot boys at the boardwalk?

Victoria: Always

Derrick: Aw yeah I love hot boys

Me: Yeah especially my boyfriend

Derrick: Your boyfriend is delicious

Jack: Thank you honey

Derrick: Anytime babe

Me: Did I just lose my boyfriend to Derrick?

Victoria: I think you did

Jack: Sorry baby, but there's no denying that Derrick and I are just meant for each other

Derrick: AW FUCK YEAH IMMA GET ME SOME GILINSKY TONIGHT

So yeah, we laughed for the rest of the drive. We were still laughing as we met up with Leah and Cameron who were both really confused.

"Is there something we're not getting here?" Leah asked, knitting her eyebrows together.

"Yeah, just some Gilinsky," Derrick answered which caused us all to start laughing again.

Cam and Leah just looked at each other and shrugged. We'll just let them stay confused.

"If we go on rides I need Jack to hold my hand," Derrick requested.

"Derrick, we haven't been on the rides here since we were like 12," I commented.

"True but Jack and Cameron haven't been on these rides at all," he argued.

"I'll pass," Jack decided.

"OKAY, then no rides," Derrick announced. Jack smiled at me and I smiled back. We were probably thinking the same thing: it was hilarious how much Derrick liked Jack.

A few minutes later we decided to just walk around and do whatever what we felt like. Leah was insistent on winning a big stuffed bear and Cameron spent over a half an hour trying to win it for her. We stood around and watched until they decided they wanted to go into the arcade. Jack and I took a walk on the beach instead.

We walked without saying anything for a few minutes just holding hands and listening to sounds of the ocean. Jack was the one who broke the silence.

"I'm going to come and visit you."

"When?" I asked, slightly confused.

"All the time," he informed me. "You know, after I leave."

"You don't have to," I said even though I really wanted him too.

He shook his head. "I'm not losing you to a little distance. You're worth so much more than that."

"Jack, you're amazing."

He stopped walking suddenly and pulled me close to him. "You're more amazing."

I giggled before reaching up to kiss him. I leaned my head against his chest feeling comforted by his heartbeat. I wanted to stay like this forever.

"Do you really think you'll be able to visit me all the time?" I asked Jack, regretting it immediately. I didn't want to ruin the perfect moment.

"I'm going to try," he promised. "After all, once school ends we'll be free and I can come and see you whenever I want."