Chapter 12

The rest of the party was fairly uneventful compared to what went down before. Everyone had let loose and they were all beyond wasted by now. I cut Jack off at 4 beers because I did not want to deal with him later.

We basically walked around and talked to a couple people. I clung close to Jack not that I was worried about myself but because I was scared of what he might do to people. He was still pretty angry over the Connor thing and I didn't want him lashing out again.

It was hard though because there were plenty of "slut" and "whore" comments thrown my way. They pissed Jack off but I wasn't too bothered by them. Little did he know I got comments like that in the hallways way before I got pregnant.

At 2 am the cops came and shut the party down but Leah didn't seem too disappointed. We had all agreed to crash at her house so that's what we did. And everyone literally did crash.

After everyone else had been forced off the property we headed inside and one by one, they dropped to the floor and passed out.

Well except for me, Jack, Shawn and Alexa because we were the only sober ones left in the group.

Jack sat down on the couch and pulled me onto his lap and Alexa and Shawn sat down on the other side of the couch.

"I'm not even tired," Shawn commented.

"I am," Alexa yawned as she rested her head on Shawn's shoulder. Shawn smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head. Aw.

"Are you tired?" Jack asked me softly.

"No," I lied, as I proceeded to yawn.

Jack chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Go to sleep baby," he whispered in my ear.

I just nodded as I snuggled up to Jack. I listened to the sound of his steady heartbeat as I drifted off to sleep in his strong, comforting arms.

--------------------------------------------

As the summer went on, Jack became more and more protective of me. He always was but now he was borderline obsessive when it came to protecting me. He was always with me unless I wanted to have a day with just my girls. And even then, he would always insist on picking up and driving me everywhere I was going. I appreciated his concern and I wanted him around more than anyone else but it was actually starting to get on my nerves.

I woke up one day to the sound of my phone buzzing. I reached lazily to grab it off the bedside table. It was a text from Connor. I knitted my eyebrows together in concern. It was mid July and we hadn't spoken since the incident at Leah's house. He hasn't spoken to any of us except Spoon and Terrell. Not even Derrick forgives him.

"The only person who's allowed to call you a fucking whore is me!" He announced the next day when we were hanging out at my house. I laughed at this because it was kind of true.

I hesitated before opening the text.

Connor: we need to talk. Alone.

I took a deep breath and checked to make sure Jack was still asleep. He was. I quickly replied.

Me: I don't know if that's the best idea..

Connor's response came a second later.

Connor: please I need to explain something to you

I sighed heavily. I felt bad for Connor but there was no way Jack was going to let me talk to him alone.

I felt Jack's arms wrap around me suddenly and I quickly closed out the messages.

"Everything okay?" He murmured into my hair.

"Connor wants to talk to me alone," I blurted. I didn't even mean too. That was not what I was planning to say. I don't know what I was going to say but it certainly wasn't that.

"That's not going to happen," he stated simply.

"But..." I started to protest but it was no use. With the way Jack was looking at me I knew that no meant no.

"He's dangerous, Sam," Jack explained. "You're not going anywhere alone with him."

"Then come with me," I proposed. What is with me today? The last thing I want is for him to come with me.

Jack sighed, considering this. "He'll be pissed if he knows I'm there."

"Then stay in the car," I decided. "You can watch everything that happens without him knowing you're there."

Another sigh. "Fine but if he lays a hand on you, I'm punching him in the face."

I rolled my eyes but I knew he was serious. "Fine, I'll figure out where he wants to meet."

-----------------------------------------

A half an hour later, Jack pulled into the parking lot of the elementary school. It was always desolate in the summer so it made sense why Connor would want to meet here.

I saw him seated on a swing and I took a deep breath.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Jack asked me, a concerned look on his face. I could only nod.

Jack kissed me quickly before I climbed out of the car. I closed the door softly, careful not to attract attention to the fact that I wasn't actually alone.

I walked quickly to Connor and he stood when he saw me coming. "You alone?" He asked once I was in earshot.

I nodded a little too eagerly. "Of course."

"I'm really glad you came to talk to me," he began as he reached for my hand. I pulled away harshly.

He raised his eyebrow at me. "I thought you said you were alone," he said, sounding pissed off.

"That doesn't mean I want to hold your hand," I spat.

At first, his expression was hard and he was clearly angry. But his eyes softened as he looked into mine. "What happened to you?" He asked softly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said harshly.

"You're not the Sam I fell in love with," he said quietly.

I widened my eyes and took a cautious step back from him. "Since when are you in love with me?" I shouted, confused.

"That's what I wanted to tell you today," he admitted softly. "I just couldn't go another second without telling you and I thought... I thought you might feel the same way."

I stared at him incredulously. "Feel the same way?" I shouted, not caring if Jack heard. He could come punch Connor right now if he wanted too. "WHAT THE HELL MAKES YOU THINK I COULD FEEL THE SAME WAY? I'M IN LOVE WITH JACK BECAUSE DESPITE WHAT YOU WANT TO THINK, HE TREATS ME THE WAY I DESERVED TO BE TREATED. NOT LIKE AN ASSHOLE WHICH IS ALL YOU'LL EVER BE. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE TO BE WITH ME IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE. AND YOU KNOW WHAT CONNOR? YOU BLEW IT! AND NOW YOU'RE TAKING IT OUT ON EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE YOU'RE AN INCONSIDERATE, SELF CENTERED DICK HEAD AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

I didn't realize I was crying until Jack wrapped his arms around me and assured me that I was okay.

"Wow you're a bitch, a whore and a liar. No wonder Jack doesn't let his little slut do anything alone," Connor spat.

"Take me home," I sobbed into Jack's shirt before he could even think of punching Connor. He just nodded as he led me towards the car. As I turned around, I got one last glance at Connor who was smirking like an idiot.

I shook my head in disbelief as I slammed the passenger door shut. He was so full of bullshit.